About the Team
Starting on the Sales Development Team, you will receive world class training on our products and sales process, get acclimated to the industry, and familiar with our client demographic. Those who exemplify exceptional performance, will be quickly promoted onto one of our Corporate Sales Teams across multiple product lines. Corporate Sales representatives have the opportunity to progress in sales or leadership positions.
The Sales Development team is an essential team in Qualtrics sales and marketing efforts and is responsible for a combination of demand response, demand management and demand creation. The purpose of the department is to:
- Generate qualified pipeline that progresses through the sales funnel, generating new closed revenue.
- To develop new quota-carrying Account Executives.
This opportunity will be predominantly focussed on our new business expansion plans in India to start, with potential to cover other major markets across the SEA region.
You will report to our Regional Head of Sales Development, and this role is to be based out of Mumbai, India.
A Day in the Life
- Demand creation (cold calling), demand response (warm calling), demand management (managed follow up process).
- Effectively communicate value propositions across multiple product lines to secure initial meetings with prospects
- You work with Account Executives to discuss and strategize methods to penetrate targeted accounts with the goal of setting quality meetings.
- You work closely with our Marketing team to execute on personalized account-based campaigns
- You’re the best with LinkedIn and Salesforce.
- You attend 1:1’s, team meetings, trainings, sales calls, discovery calls, demos, etc. to develop your skills.
- You collaborate with your peers sharing standard methodologies, “oops moments,” and role playing to make sure you’re focused on continuous improvement.
- Bachelors Degree (or within 6 months of graduating)
- Proven experience working with customers in the Indian market (even better within the SaaS space!)
- Reliable, confident, and articulate
- Ability to make a high volume of outbound calls and communicate well with VP level executives
- Highly motivated to accelerate your career in software sales
- Exceptional interpersonal ability
Expectations for Success
As a SDR, you are responsible for contacting leaders and executives in organizations of all sizes across many verticals. Your focus is helping leaders gain insights around their market, customers, and employees, which allows them to make quicker decisions driven by data.
- You identify key decision makers and/or key influencers within an organization across many different departments
- You understand the impact our products have on our customers
- You articulate to prospects how our tools can help their organizations get to the next level with real-time data
- You work well with teammates, like to strategize, and plan out creative methods to generate more business opportunities
- You use rejection as fuel to motivate and push you to work harder and smarter
- You’re a self starter, competitive, and driven. You see the bigger picture. You don’t settle for mediocrity
- You don’t hit quota because that is what is expected of you, rather you blow past quota because it’s who you are
- Financial rewards, opportunity for growth, and promotions motivate you.
What differentiates us from other companies
- We live by our cultural values: TACOS – Transparency, All In, Customer Obsessed, One Team, and Scrappy
- We hire the best with the intention of developing and promoting within. Our company success cannot be done without the success of our people.
- We lead from the front on important issues. We have several teams focused on Diversity and Inclusion (MOSAIQ), cancer research (Five For The Fight), WFH (COVID Taskforce), Women in Leadership (WLD), Veterans (QSalute)… the list goes on.
- We provide a very comprehensive benefits package with lots of opportunity to promote.