Qualtrics is seeking a communications manager to join its Global Communications Team. In this role, you’ll lead corporate communications, including financial and business communications post-IPO. You will be responsible for developing a consistent corporate narrative through media and other communications channels.
The Qualtrics Public Relations and Corporate Communications team is a group of skilled professionals working together to build awareness of Qualtrics’ industry-leading Experience Management products and services. The Qualtrics vision is to be the system of action built into every enterprise architecture, enabling organizations to design, understand, and continuously improve human experiences.
Expectations for Success
The ideal candidate is a strong writer, storyteller and project manager with experience working at a publicly traded company in communications and public relations. Experience working directly with journalists, strong attention to detail, and an ability to create processes will be key to success in this role. Understanding of financial statements, M&A, and capital markets is a plus. This role reports to the VP of Corporate Communications and PR.
- Manage day-to-day corporate communications functions, including message development, corporate announcements, and business narrative and storytelling.
- Develop and own updates to the Qualtrics corporate narrative, and ensure alignment across all external channels.
- Collaborate across other company departments and with communications colleagues to distribute relevant company information through press releases, financial filings, story pitches to journalists, blog posts, multimedia content, presentations, bylines and other channels.
- Build and manage a calendar of corporate communications events and announcements.
- Write press releases and story pitches that are clear, rich with detail, interesting and relevant.
- Plan media tours and desk-side briefings for journalists; Create key messages and briefing documents.
- Train, coach, and staff company executives, to ensure they are prepared to serve as spokespeople.
- Respond to incoming media inquiries with urgency and resourcefulness.
Qualifications & Requirements
- 6+ years experience in communications and public relations, in-house or at an agency, preferably including some experience at a publicly-traded company, in a role that required direct interaction with journalists.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including strong AP Style and editing skills.
- Love of storytelling, critical eye for detail, and an ability to quickly learn and understand Qualtrics’ business.
- Strong executive presence.
- Flexible, collaborative colleague who thrives in ambiguity, in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Dedicated, resourceful, helpful team player who seeks diverse opinions and perspectives.
- A track record of cross-functional and departmental collaboration.
- Ability to problem solve and exercise high judgment
What differentiates us from other companies
- Work life integration is deeply important to us – we have frequent office events, team outings, and happy hours
- Qualtrics Experience Program – $1,800 for an experience of your choosing (eligible after a year)
- We take pride in our offices' design aiming at fostering creativity from our rooftop views to an open and collaborative workspace.
- 30 paid days off – 15 PTO + 5 Personal Days + 10 Holiday Closures (additional after a year)
- On top of standard benefits package (medical – employees and their families, dental, vision, life insurance, etc) we provide snacks, drinks, and free lunches in our office
- To learn more about what we value read about it directly from our employees Qualtrics Life stories