Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box, we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
The Vice President of Presales, EMEA works with the EMEA Leadership and will lead our team of Solution Engineers, Architects and Specialists who are the go-to Solutions Specialists assisting the sales team in generating growth all over the region. You will lead the technical pre-sales operations and achieve revenue generation, customer growth, and individual / team / organizational goals. You will also play a key role in driving scaled strategic, enterprise-wide Go To Market related initiatives within.
As the VP of Presales you will interact senior most customers and provide valuable insight into industry trends, customer challenges, technical evolutions, and business changes that will help customers make their security decisions. Most importantly you will continue to lead from the front and keep Okta a destination organisation.
- Establish both short-term results and long-term strategy
- Ensure team meets customer needs in a cost-effective and efficient manner
- Provide competitive intelligence for use in strategic analysis and positioning of company product offerings
- Actively contribute to product management – for product development or enhancements to new and existing products
- Recruit, develop, and mentor Presales staff, from IC (Individual Contributor) to Directors into the theater
- Foster channel partner relationships with their technical teams
- Represent the company in various technical PR activities and be a technical face of Okta in theater
- Provide an escalation point for pre-sales and post-sales technical issues that arise in the theater
- Lead development, continuous improvement, and maintenance of our tools, process and technical environments
- Collaborate with a variety of internal functional areas (Sales Management; Sales Reps; etc.) to ensure solutions are implemented and exceed customer expectations.
- Plan executive briefings and supports events as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a related field plus MBA preferred
- Significant experience as a theater level lead / multi-country experience
- Preferred knowledge / prior experience selling Security, Identity and Infrastructure technologies
- Demonstrated success working with SMB and large customers including Fortune 1000 companies
- Proven experience leading third-line management teams, inclusive of creation of development plans and execution, reduced attrition results and initiatives, a clear history of promotions and success, etc.
- Proven success selling platform solutions, with clear, tangible sales results (Security, SaaS, Cloud, etc.)
- Demonstrated Lifetime Value expansion initiatives, with factual results upselling subscriptions and platform solutions
- Ability to travel frequently
Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organisation’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.