We are looking for a Staff Technical Program Manager – Security and Compliance to join our Business Technology organization and be responsible for leading large scale, complex IT initiatives within the Security and Compliance team. The ideal candidate will have a strong TPM background with demonstrated expertise delivering cross functional Security and Compliance programs related to application/device security, access controls, compliance (ITGC/SOX) for a public company. This individual will work closely across the BT organization including the Security and Compliance team, the Infrastructure Operations team and theStrategy and Operations team plus various impacted functional teams.
You have the ability to think strategically while at the same time be willing to roll up your sleeves and get the job done. You are a multiplier using your smarts to help others – removing ambiguity, managing dependencies, communicating up and down the organization, and diving deep into technical details when needed. You thrive in an intense, multitasking, interrupt-driven world and possess strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Partner with a broad set of stakeholders including the finance, people operations, sales and other teams to drive Security and Compliance initiatives that meet business and technology objectives enabling Okta to scale securely
- Ensure clarity of strategic level goals, working cross functionally and delivering excellence in scrum, project and program management
- Work with cross functional teams on security, compliance, and governance initiatives
- Facilitate effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across the organization with many competing priorities
- Build alignment across multiple teams with a focus on execution, continuous improvement, and operational excellence
- Provide clear and crisp transparency around status and progress of initiatives at all levels of the organization. Scrum advocate and coach
- Maintain a continuous risk management approach that enables proactive decisions
- Delivering multiple highly organized projects running simultaneously
- Leading all aspects of a project, from project plan to project meetings to scrums to problem resolution to UAT to launch
- Driving all project activity between IT, development teams, and the business, including monitoring internal & vendor dependencies and resolving problems proactively to ensure things are on time
- Micro-managing or escalating when people need to be held to account and running interference when people need space to get stuff done
- Anticipating risk, removing obstacles, and alleviating friction that impedes progress
- Collecting key project metrics as part of project execution
- Communicating status to program leads
- Promoting continuous improvement
- Asking for & giving feedback to encourage an open dialogue & transparency
- 8+ years’ project/program management experience
- 5+ years experience as a PM in a cloud/SaaS environment
- Experience working in an IT security and compliance role or leading these programs
- Solid technical and functional aptitude of application/device hardening, access controls, ITGC/SOX in a public company.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate up and down the organization
- Ability to influence and navigate without authority
- Experience managing large programs
- Direct experience with Jira, Confluence, Smartsheets.
- Fluent with software design principles, change management, testing practices, and IT release cycles
- Passionate about Agile principles
- Conversant with regulatory compliance requirements & data privacy requirements.
Education and Training
- Bachelors of Science in CS, MIS, related technical degree or equivalent work experience with minimum of 2 years of technical work experience
- Graduate coursework a plus
- PMP preferred
- Scrum Leader certification preferred (CSM, A-CSM, etc)
- Desirable: One of the following industry standard Security Certifications (CISM, CISSP, CCSP, CRCM)
((Colorado, New York, Washington only*) Minimum Base Salary $135,000/year + equity + benefits)
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.