We are looking for a Business Technology (BT) Staff Communications Analyst to support our mission-critical Enterprise Security initiatives. This individual will be responsible for developing strategies based on scope, audience and change impacts, and to build and deliver communications to ensure awareness, adoption and operational success is achieved.
As part of this role, you will partner closely with the BT Program Leadership, BT Delivery Teams, Security Leadership, Business stakeholders and other communication and enablement teams across Okta. This role will report into the Director of BT Enablement and Communications.
This is a leadership position requiring demonstrated ability to deliver results in a high-growth environment.
- Leading Communication efforts of varying complexity for Enterprise Security initiatives
- Implementing and leveraging tools such as persona-based impact assessments, FAQ documents, dependency analysis to create simple and effective communications using various channels
- Defining success KPIs and measurement to ensure operational success is achieved
- Facilitating meetings, Q&A sessions with employees, interviews and workshops to gather inputs for artifacts and address questions
- Developing presentation material for stakeholders of varying levels to inform, align and / or drive decision making
- Collaborating with BT and Security teams, and business stakeholders to ensure the successful execution of communication strategies
- Responsible for developing and / or reviewing key communication vehicles are developed and delivered with quality and impact
- Leverage corporate standards and branding for communications and partner with non-BT Communication teams to ensure reviews and required approvals are received
- Proactively identifying ongoing enhancements to the BT Enablement and Communications practice
- Partner with the Director of BT Enablement and Communication to ensure leading practices are shared across Okta
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 8+ years of experience leading communications and/or training for large-scale and complex Technology programs
- 4+ years of experience as a management consultant or related experience in a high-tech, high-growth Organization
- 2+ years working within an agile framework
- 2+ years of experience working with NIST, PCI, Sarbanes-Oxley and GDPR and Zero Trust environments
- Expert communication skills with an ability to deliver messages through simplicity, storytelling and with impact
- Demonstrated ability in developing and delivering communications to all levels in an Organization, including C-level Executives and external audiences through various channels
- Experience in contributing to playbooks and / or toolkits for Communications
- Knowledge in working with collaboration tools (Jira, Confluence, Google Workspace, Smartsheet, Asana, Slack, Zoom, Miro)
Education and Training:
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Change or Business Management
- Graduate coursework a plus
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum salary of $78,000/year + bonus, commission, or variable comp (depending on role) + equity + benefits *Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.