Staff Business Technology (BT) Technical Program Manager
We are looking for a Staff Business Technology (BT) Technical Program Manager to lead and deliver strategic projects and programs enabling Okta to scale. In this role you will partner with the Delivery Teams and Internal Business stakeholders to deliver large BT initiatives.
The TPM role is inherently cross-functional and requires the ability to be a strategic thinker while at the same time being willing to roll up your sleeves and get the job done. This is a leadership position requiring strong TPM experience and demonstrated ability to successfully implement complex programs in a SaaS and agile environment.
- Program manages various initiatives within BT across multiple teams; develops and maintains detailed project plans including dependencies; tracks and keeps projects on schedule and manages tight deadlines
- Partner with a broad set of stakeholders to drive initiatives that meet business and technology objectives enabling Okta to scale and structure
- Build and maintain alignment across multiple teams, keeping a focus on execution
- Employ communication strategies to ensure clear and crisp transparency around status and progress of initiatives at all levels of the organization and senior executives; leads SteerCo meetings
- Facilitate effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across the organization with many competing priorities. Improves the productivity of the entire team by crafting process efficiencies, and filling in gaps where needed
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 5+ years of project/program management experience in a cloud/SaaS environment
- 2+ years working with agile framework and scrum practices
- Demonstrated ability in communicating and presenting to all levels of an organization
- Proven experience working hand-in-hand with business systems’ technical owners, configuration administrators, software engineers, configuration administrators, quality and test engineers and/or business process owners
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability in working with project management and collaboration Tools (Jira, Google Workspace, Smartsheet, Asana, Slack, Zoom, Miro, Confluence, Coupa, etc)
Education and Training
- Bachelors of Science in CS, MIS, related technical degree or equivalent work experience with minimum of 1 year of technical work experience
- Graduate coursework a plus
- Scrum Leader certification preferred (CSM, A-CSM, etc)
((Colorado, New York, Washington only*) Minimum Base Salary $103,000/year + equity + benefits)
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.