Okta is seeking an experienced technical writer with a passion for creating and delivering customer-centered technical content. We’re looking for a collaborative, creative team member who understands how to write content that is clear, concise, and relevant.
In this role, you will work closely with a global network of engineers, product managers, and customer success professionals to understand real-world use cases for identity and access management. You will create practical technical content that guides Okta customers to successfully adopt and deploy our solutions.
If you have a passion for learning new technologies and want to help us drive adoption and ubiquity of our products and platform, this is the place for you!
- Design, develop, edit, and deliver accurate and effective technical documentation for Okta products.
- Work closely with Engineering, Product Management, QA, Support, and members of the Information Development team to ensure quality and accuracy of content.
- Analyze customer feedback before and after delivering documentation to enhance content depth, quality, and relevance.
- Contribute to internal initiatives to enhance documentation standards, content architecture, website presentation, and processes.
Minimum knowledge, skills, and abilities
- 4 years relevant experience writing technical documentation for Cloud or Enterprise products
- Practical experience with topic-based writing, minimalism, and scenario-driven development
- Knowledge of Okta or similar identity and access management solutions
- Strong ability to understand the application of security products in the real world and produce use case-based content
- Experience using Madcap Flare or similar authoring tools
- Experience using source control tools, such as Git and GitHub
- Proven record of writing accurate, clear, and concise documentation for a global audience
- Familiarity with localization and translation best practices
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum OTE of $90,000.00/year + equity + benefits)
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.