In this dynamic role, you will be responsible for the marketing strategy and execution for Japan. You will develop the demand plan to deliver a high-quality pipeline, hitting the demand generation targets required for the sales leaders to hit their sales targets. You will leverage cross-functional teams to create demand and awareness in this segment. Working closely with the Enterprise Sales Director, Sales Executives, Sales Development Reps, Channel marketing, and the broader Go to Market team, you coordinate all marketing activities to deliver pipeline targets.
This role will generate awareness and create demand using a variety of marketing vehicles and tactics including, but not limited to, account targeted programs, regional and national trade shows, conferences, and professional associations, targeted field events, demand campaigns and assets, direct mail, call campaigns, and webinars. Their primary objective is to move accounts through the funnel and generate net new pipe through the execution of marketing programs and ensure thorough coverage and penetration of the total addressable market leveraging various marketing distribution channels.
The primary objective of this role is to
- Create localized programs to address the Japanese Market
- Move accounts through the sales pipeline
- Accelerate the sales cycle for prospects and customers through the execution of marketing programs
- Ensure thorough coverage and penetration of the total addressable market leveraging various marketing distribution channels.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Primary liaison between Field Sales, broader Go-to-Market (GTM) and Product Marketing teams
- Plan, create and execute all marketing activities for the regions and report results
- Supervise and manage Japan Marketing budget
- Work with APAC customer reference team to develop customer references
- Build localized content and campaigns, assist in the review and translation of content
- Be the primary contact to manage all localized elements of the Japanese website build
- Manage Digital and Event agencies. Collaborate with the PR team to successfully integrate it in the marketing plan
- Align with sales leadership to measure accounts engaged as a proportion of total addressable market and apply varied programs to increase marketing engagement across the region
- Manage two direct reports in the region
- Collaborate with the broader Partner Team (Channel & ISV) to support local partner programs
Desired Skills & Experience
- 10+ years of Marketing Experience with complex B2B enterprise sales cycles and demonstrating marketing's impact on the business through business models, dashboards, and data
- Oversee from inception to completion campaign plans including audience target identification, campaign project plans/deliverables/owners, budgeting, and post-campaign reporting/measurement
- Aid in aligning and educating the field with a strong partnership with Inside Sales to monitor and improve the lead to conversion flow process
- Initiative, a sense of urgency, ability to multi-task, and a “can do” attitude
- Strong analytical skills and a passion for enabling Sales Teams
- Strong working knowledge of Salesforce and Marketo
- Leverage third-party research to stay ahead of industry trends related to demand generation, buying intent and multi-channel marketing
- Strong Verbal and Written Communication Skills both in Japanese and English
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, or equivalent area of study
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.