Role Description: Okta’s the market leading identity platform for enterprises and consumer products alike. The largest companies in the world trust Okta to provide tangible value to their business while solving their most pressing problems. As part of our commitment to deliver customer value, we’ve built an in-house team of value-focused product marketers and field-facing consultants who work hand-in-hand with customers to identify, quantify, and demonstrate Okta’s impact back to their organizations.
We are looking to grow our team with a talented PMM who’s number one priority is owning the frameworks, messaging, tools, and metrics underpinning our value-selling initiatives. These assets will be used collectively across Okta’s field organization to develop compelling business cases for our products and services tailored to address our customers' most strategic, boardroom level challenges. The role is highly cross-functional, requiring close collaboration with stakeholders in the sales, pre-sales, enablement, marketing, and product organizations.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Establish close working relationships with the field organization to drive and support making the financial business case for Okta in every deal
- Develop guides and programs to support the field in positioning and quantifying the value proposition of Okta products and services; present to field teams as necessary
- Build and maintain field self-service value-selling tools that measure metrics such as ROI and TCO for prospective customers
- Partner with Sales and Technical Enablement to instill value-selling capabilities and best practices across the field organization, including:
- Drive and support early funnel and xDR initiatives to showcase Okta’s value proposition, including campaigns, outreach sequences, content generation, etc.
- Support campaign and content initiatives with value-based collateral that result in pipeline for the sales organisation
- Track and report on field value-selling activities and usage of PMM content
- Create a structure to obtain ongoing field feedback on value-selling success and challenges, and report back for continuous improvement of our Business Value PMM practice
- Evangelize value-selling across the organization, from internal field teams and pre-sales functions, to channel partners, etc.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- 5+ years of professional experience, preferably in product marketing or value-consulting
- SaaS or Enterprise software experience with a proven track record marketing to a technical audience and working closely with the sales team
- Ability to articulate technical concepts clearly and concisely with very strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills with a proven track record of presenting to large audiences, executives, and/or customers
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to drive complex, cross-functional projects without a proven playbook
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills with a passion for measurement and metrics, proficiency in building ROI & TCO financial models a plus (but not required)
- Bachelor's Degree in a financial or technical field OR equivalent work experience, MBA a plus
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.