Okta is seeking an experienced PR leader to lead the company’s newly-formed Global Media Bureau function. The Global Media Bureau Lead will be responsible for promoting Okta’s corporate reputation with reporters, creators, and the financial community.
As the leader of a new communications function at Okta, you will work closely with our executive leaders and across the Global Communications team to create a center of excellence for media relations worldwide. You will develop a high-performing team of PR professionals and agency partners and establish a media team to maintain relationships with top-tier producers, reporters and influencers.
In addition, you’ll help craft our ongoing story to the investor and business audience – turning numbers, investments, and acquisitions into messages that will resonate with business media, investors, analysts, employees and partners. You’ll show the value of Okta’s technologies and the strength of our business strategy, leveraging our bench of executive spokespeople, you will highlight the stories of the large opportunities ahead for Okta.
- Stand-up a new Global Media Bureau focused on building relationships with key journalists, producers, and creators/media personalities globally and rapidly-responding to emerging/macro news
- Establish Okta’s Global 50 media engagement and measurement program
- Build publicity and keep Okta and our leadership top-of-mind with key journalists, producers, and creators/media personalities;
- Drive communications for Investor Relations, Okta Ventures, and M&A activity
- Handle all initiatives related to earnings, Board of Directors, financial filings, shareholders and litigation
- Oversees quarterly earnings; which includes developing external strategy, narrative writing and media relations, and partnering with the Internal Communications team
- Regularly leads media relations efforts around business growth and long-term vision
- Develops and executes executive thought leadership strategy for CFO
- 10-15 years of experience in communications and managing global teams
- Experience working directly with CEOs, C-level executives, and SVPs; ability to engage with and influence senior executives and leadership teams with gravitas.
- A growth mindset and passion for building high-functioning teams.
- An understanding of Okta’s business and experience working with cloud companies.
- An excellent writer and media relations expert with an eye for connecting external trends to the business
- An understanding and passion for the media industry, building relationships with journalists, and identifying new creators/personalities to engage with
- Experience crafting stories on technical concepts and enterprise products, and the ability to quickly identify trending topics and issues with a defined point of view; not afraid to take risks or a controversial stance.
- A detail-oriented, analytical approach, with the ability to manage multiple, high-profile projects and deliverables.
- BS/BA degree.
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum salary of $117,000 year + bonus, commission, or variable comp (depending on role) + equity + benefits)
Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.