Accelerate your career by joining Okta, the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise, as a member of our growing commercial legal team. The Senior Manager Corporate Counsel (remote eligible) will play a key role in leading and developing a commercial team focused on supporting our West Enterprise sales team in structuring and negotiating outbound commercial agreements and partner closely with Okta’s inbound contracts team on strategic sourcing and procurement initiatives.
- Draft, negotiate and close master subscription agreements, nondisclosure agreements, professional services agreements, data privacy addendums, amendments, assignments, product specific terms and other types of commercial agreements.
- Provide counsel and strategic contracting support to our inbound contracts team to draft, negotiate and close a variety of vendor agreements including but limited to service agreements, license agreements, SaaS agreements, real estate, sponsorship, marketing and data use and privacy agreements.
- Recruit, manage, mentor and continue to develop team members focused on supporting commercial sales transactions or inbound/vendor contract engagements.
- Partner with revenue recognition, sales operations, vendor management, technology partners, and other business stakeholder teams to ensure agreements are consistent with internal Okta policies and processes.
- Effectively build critical relationships with internal clients, legal colleagues and key business stakeholders to provide sound legal counsel and strategic advice to assist business teams in meeting its objectives.
- Support continuous improvement of Okta’s form contract templates, policies and legal processes related to commercial/vendor transactions.
- Handle a variety of ad-hoc projects across the department including go-to-market and inbound procurement integration tasks as needed.
- Champion Okta’s core values
- 8+ years of relevant transactional experience negotiating and drafting enterprise-level SaaS subscription agreements, technology licenses, professional services, data privacy addendums and inbound/vendor commercial agreements either at a law firm and/or public in-house setting.
- 3+ years preferred of demonstrated success in recruiting, leading and developing high performing teams and a proven track record of successfully collaborating with executive leadership and internal business partners to accomplish business initiatives and projects.
- Direct experience and knowledge of the SaaS business model, enterprise cloud computing, and related data privacy and security matters.
- Detailed oriented with excellent drafting and negotiation skills. Sound and practical business judgment; solution driven, growth mindset and self-motivated.
- Proven track record of managing multiple complex deals with the ability to organize, prioritize deadlines and perform effectively in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ambitious go-getter willing to roll up their sleeves; team-oriented and with a sense of humor.
- Strong academic background and J.D. from highly-regarded school, bar admission.
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum salary of $190,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.