Senior Product Manager, Security Platforms
Okta’s Security Platforms team builds platform services that keep our customers secure and protect them against attack and abuse. On this team, you will work with security engineers, data scientists and machine learning experts to deliver bold and industry-differentiated product innovations to mitigate top problems such as large-scale identity attacks, account takeovers, account creation abuse, session hijacking and more.
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager with a strong technical and security background, good business sense and ability to partner closely with engineering, data science, design, and product marketing teams to deliver world-class security platform services.
This Senior Product Manager role will focus on Okta’s Risk Engine. Our Risk Engine powers Risk-Based Authentication and detects anomalous behavior that might indicate targeted attacks on a user level. It leverages key inputs such as user behavior, geo-location and other contextual data to evaluate the risk level of each authentication attempt. Because the Okta Risk Engine relies on Machine Learning to generate unique insights about user behavior, the candidates for this role should understand ML concepts.
The RIsk Engine will ingest near real-time feeds from a best-of-breed partner ecosystem in order to achieve continuous assessment of security posture. Okta’s Risk Engine is a key component of our multi-layered security intelligence solution to help organizations achieve a Zero Trust security posture and differentiate Okta from other identity and access providers.
Your primary responsibilities in these areas will include:
- Discovering opportunities: Understanding key customer requirements, market trends and integration use cases for security products. Our business is dependent on Okta integrating with our customers’ existing security technologies and customer environments.
- Fiercely prioritizing: You will own the product strategy and roadmap for Risk Engine, a key investment area in Okta’s Security Platforms portfolio. You will also own the roadmap for the Data Science team that supports the Risk Engine.
- Executing: You live and breathe delivery. You collaborate with architecture, engineering and UX to design and ship features that are platform-first, delight customers and put us ahead of the competition.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working in security products as a product manager and/or engineer
- Experience working with data science teams
- Excellent communication skills (presentation, verbal and written)
- Strong leadership skills and presence
- Experience working cross-functionally to deliver a product
- 6+ years of industry experience.
- Knowledge in identity or access management
- Experience working in enterprise security
- Experience working with external partners to define integration patterns and build interfaces.
Meet the manager:
Grace Wardhana is Senior Director of Product Management for Zero Trust and Security Platforms at Okta.
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum OTE of $154,000/year + equity + benefits))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.