Okta is the foundation for secure connections between people and technology. By harnessing the power of the cloud, Okta allows people to access applications on any device at any time, while allowing for strong security protection. The Okta service integrates directly with an organization’s existing directories and identity systems, as well as 6,500+ applications.
Because Okta runs on an integrated platform, organizations can implement Okta quickly at large scale and low total cost.
Thousands of customers, including Adobe, Allergan, Chiquita, LinkedIn, and Western Union, trust Okta to help their organizations work faster, boost revenue, and stay secure.
To learn more about Okta, visit https://www.okta.com.
For the high-energy sales professional, the Education Account Executive is a great opportunity to help drive demand for Education Services products. Your consistent record of working strategically with both our Customer Success, Partner and Sales teams in a business development and sales capacity will allow you to thrive in our dynamic, high-activity environment. At Okta we believe in promoting from within and with our current growth plans and the acceleration we're seeing in our business, strong performance in this role can lead to upward mobility within the Sales organization.
Our Education Account Executives are high-energy, self-motivated, agile and able to change hats on the fly. In this highly prized role, your excellent phone and email skills and the ability to quickly assess customer opportunities will be critical to your success. You will be responsible for accurately tracking customer interactions and information in our CRM system. We're looking for professionals with strong organizational and follow up skills who work well in a team environment. If this sounds like the type of environment in which you thrive, then we want to talk to you about this career-defining opportunity.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Own and forecast the sales process from prospecting to close for Education opportunities.
- Partner with the extended Customer Success teams, Partner teams and Regional Account Managers to grow Education sales in accounts.
- Understand customer needs and requirements and make recommendations for customer Education strategy.
- Present and articulate Education value pitch, strategy, and benefits.
- Exceed quarterly sales quotas.
- Utilize channel partners to successfully scale the business.
- Grow market share and revenue with sales of Okta’s suite of education products.
- Prospecting high value accounts to generate new business.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with the customer base.
- Clear concise communication skills. Written, verbal, and presentation.
- Consistent track record of successful direct sales career of education or services.
- Self-motivated, professional, self-starter that thrives in sales.
- Broad knowledge of the education sales space and the Identity space preferred.
- Strong influential, communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to organize and handle multiple priorities, in a dynamic environment.
- Positive, upbeat personality, with natural ease in establishing rapport with all team members.
- Strong computer aptitude and proficiency in Salesforce CRM
- High emotional intelligence and integrity
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 2-3 years of related work experience
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.