Regional Alliance Manager- Partners & Alliances- Northern California
Okta is looking for a Regional Alliance Manager with strong deal, strategy and relationship management experience to accelerate our GTM performance across our National Solution Provider ecosystem partners. The primary role includes leading the growth of Partner Originated, teamed pipeline and closed/won business in partnership with the Okta Sales organization. This person will also coordinate with key Technology Alliance partners and the ecosystem providers to drive solution growth in the market.
As the Regional Alliance Manager you will:
- Work with the Okta Sales team to define GTM plans for the National Solution Providers in their portfolio.
- Engage and connect focused technology alliance partners in the region and enable them on the Okta value proposition, value of our integration. Leverage technology alliances partners to drive joint pipeline and closed/won business
- Serve as the partner advocate inside Okta; evangelize partner and the opportunities they present by designing programs that help keep partners top of mind with Okta sales leaders and AE’s to ensure key partners are part of any territory sales plan.
- Ability to forecast alliance revenue accurately with strong Salesforce.com skills.
- Data driven with strong analytical skills to constantly measure KPI’s around pipe-gen, marketing, deal reg, accreditations and certifications.
- Drive strategy behind the pre sales technical alignment and the services organizations to hit mutual targets.
- Represent both the voice of the Alliance Partner to Okta and the voice of Okta to the Partner as required to resolve issues and attain revenue
- Build strong working relationships with all named and enterprise sales, service, marketing and enablement teams.
- Drive originated and teamed deals with defined partners in order to achieve quota.
- Build and drive pipeline generation at the field level with direct sales and go-to-market partner organizations.
- Build a comprehensive business plan to hit the revenue goals. Use the historical data to identify both strategies and tactics which will be put into play by their team and need to be rolled out to the broader Okta channel team.
- Help tailor our GTM strategies and to align with partner priorities. Define tailored value propositions and create detailed go-to-market initiatives that strengthen our value proposition to the marketplace while providing new revenue opportunities.
You could be a great fit for this role if you have:
- 7+ years of channel and alliance experience. Preferably in SAAS and IAM space. And a strong focus on high-tech alliance sales, business development or alliances managing National partners.
- Experience with Cloud Software Vendors and their strategies/business models (preferably security software)
- A business leader who is able to drive influence and build strong relationships with decision makers across all levels of partner and prospect organizations
- Up to date on the trends and market leading companies in the broader Cloud Computing and Identity Management ecosystem
- Ability to formulate a partnership vision, strategy, and execution plan
- Must be able to prioritize and multi-task with special attention to detail and follow-up
- Ability to run quickly with little supervision and adapt to a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Comfortable with weekly travel as necessary
((Colorado, New York, Washington only*) Minimum OTE of $193,000/year + equity + benefits)
Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Candidates should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. We are looking for candidates that are creative, aggressive and looking to expand and advance their alliance sales responsibilities.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.