Love our customers is Okta’s #1 company value. The Okta Customer First team delivers on this brand promise to our customers and is dedicated to ensuring their success. Customer First is a global team of experts focused on the post-sale experience for Okta customers, including Education Services, Professional Services, Customer Success, and Customer Support.
Okta is looking for an energetic Marketing Events Manager to manage strategic events for the Customer First team. This person will be responsible for creating and executing event strategies that align with corporate and marketing goals through the execution of both internal and external events. This is a unique opportunity to play a key role working across business areas and regions to develop in-person and virtual experiences that drive business impact.
The ideal candidate will be a results-oriented marketer that gets things done. The role will require proven ability to work with vendors and internal constituents, must have the ability to work collaboratively and cross-functionally with internal teams and external vendors, and demonstrate effective pre to post events expertise from concept to completion.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Help formulate the Customer First strategic event plan by contributing ideas and evaluating event sponsorship opportunities that align with corporate goals and drive impact to the business.
- Source event venues and suppliers as needed including hotels, off-site venues, caterers.
- Source requirements from all stakeholders and manage events with superb attention to detail.
- Maintain accuracy and accountability of event budget, create event execution project plan, evaluate results against goals, deliver wrap-up reports, and generate learnings for improvement.
- Define, project manage and execute on event program goals, messaging, tactics, audience generation/email campaigns, speaker plan, collateral, post-show leads processing and follow-up, booth staffing, and all other logistics.
- Help oversee and monitor properties, assets, and collateral for events.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or other related field
- 5+ years in event management. Experience marketing to an IT audience preferred.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while multitasking, re-prioritizing projects, and communicating updates to stakeholders.
- Strong attention to detail and superb project management skills. You can take a project from creation to completion and show the results.
- You build strong interpersonal relationships. Share ideas and success.
- A desire to have fun, work hard, and drive results for yourself and others.
- Proven track record managing programs with varied stakeholders, multiple product lines, and working cross-functionally.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Executive facing presence.
- Experience with Salesforce, Marketo, and Asana, a plus.
- Travel up to 30%
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $98,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits *Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20)
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.