Okta is looking for a dynamic HR Compliance Manager to join our People Compliance team to lead our HR/People Compliance strategy and programs. The HR Compliance Manager will be responsible for building out Okta’s HR compliance program globally, driving innovative solutions to maintain compliance while ensuring exceptional candidate and employee lifecycle experiences. This role will partner with human resources, recruiting, legal, internal audit, finance, and IT teams on compliance initiatives, processes, and audits.
- Leads the development, changes, implementation, and monitoring of HR policies, programs and processes ensuring compliance with applicable laws and regulations, including OFCCP, AAP, VEVRAA, EEOC, GDPR, I-9, E-Verify and FLSA.
- Partners with relevant HR function leaders, D&I team, global operations, Legal, Data Privacy to ensure alignments and compliance.
- Deliver compliance training as needed to applicable teams.
- Research and monitors changes in HR compliance requirements and proactively works with Legal and HR function leaders on the modification of company policies and processes and change management and rollout.
- Oversees and leads compliance-related projects and initiatives and proactively formulate risk mitigation strategies.
- Establish HR processes and controls for government agency audits & reporting, including response preparation and ongoing compliance audits & reviews.
- Monitor the effectiveness of SOX and other HR audit controls designed to meet regulatory obligations, owning remediation plans, as required.
- Work with internal audit and People Operations shared services team to provide requested evidence.
- Working closely with the compliance director and other senior executives
- Interacts with external auditors on matters related to audits of the organization’s internal controls and establish self-audit and compliance monitoring programs
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments within or outside of the company as well as evolving best practices in compliance control
- Develop compliance metrics dashboards
- Experience managing a global HR compliance function
- Bachelor’s degree in Law, finance, Business administration or related field.
- 7+ years’ experience in HR specifically in global HR Policy & Compliance related role
- Knowledge of U.S. employment practices and regulations required, global experience highly preferred.
- Ability to drive complex issues to resolution and influence to achieve result. Must have strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Experience writing various HR policies and effectively implementing them.
- Excellent communication skills with a customer service focus.
- Certified compliance professional is a plus
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.