Okta is searching for a GL Accounting Manager who will manage core US-based GL activities, and Corporate Reporting. The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented, self-motivated team player with a solid working knowledge of GAAP and experience with the related operational accounting execution. This individual thrives on process improvement and enjoys working in a challenging, fast-paced environment. This role will be successful through team member development, effective communication, cross-functional partnership and proactive collaboration in order to support our continued growth and success. This role will be reporting to the Senior Manager, GL Accounting.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the general ledger accounting activities, such as Fixed Assets, Prepaids, Debt, and various department Expense Accruals
- Review and take ownership of accounting schedules relating to Internal-Use Software (ASC 350-40) and Leases (ASC 842)
- Manage day-to-day general ledger activities, including reviewing journal entries and account reconciliations
- Support the finance and accounting team with timely and insightful research, documentation and guidance on technical accounting matters
- Review monthly balance sheet and P&L flux analysis and provide insight into key business drivers
- Assist in the development and implementation of global accounting policies, procedures and company-wide initiatives and identify opportunities for process improvements
- Partner cross-functionally with AP, FP&A, Workplace, Legal, and various functional business owners to establish best practices, as well as drive on-going process refinement to improve the efficiency and accuracy of GL accounting and reporting
- Mentor, coach and develop the team
- Work with external audit firm for quarterly reviews and annual audits and ad hoc requests
- Ensure compliance with SOX for GL Accounting documents, processes, programs and policies
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 6+ years of progressive accounting experience, including management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field and CPA preferred
- Prior experience in both public accounting (ex. Big 4) and industry at a publicly traded company
- Solid working knowledge and application of US GAAP, SEC regulations, and SOX/internal controls
- Ability to partner, collaborate and influence across functional areas
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic setting while maintaining accuracy and delivering against deadlines
- Motivated to work cross-functionally in a role that requires fostering strong relationships with multiple business partners
- Understanding of SaaS business model
- Advanced analytical and modeling skills with the ability to interpret and analyze data
- Experience with Enterprise ERP systems (i.e. NetSuite, Oracle, SAP)
- Proficient with Google Workspace (Gmail, Sheets, Docs) and Microsoft tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.