Position Description: Okta’s Field Account Executives manage the sales processes for midsize enterprise customers (700-1,250 employees). The right candidate for the position will enjoy closing new logos while simultaneously managing and expanding a book of install base customers. Our AE’s organize and conduct sales presentations, site visits and product demonstrations to prospects and represent Okta in a consistent, effective and professional manner to best develop and win new clients.
Account Executives at Okta strive to help prospects and customers modernize IT, build customer experiences, and prevent breaches by mapping our solutions to their needs. By understanding the specific challenges that both prospects and customers are faced with, you will help them achieve the desired positive business outcomes with our solutions. You will cultivate tight-knit relationships with customers and key partners while maintaining knowledge of Okta’s evolving technology. In this high-velocity role, expect to own deals from cradle-to-grave in collaboration with account teams, sales engineers, professional services, and partners.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Manage the sales process for medium-sized new logo customers from demo to contract negotiation
- Expand business within existing Okta customers by building long-term strategic relationships with key accounts
- Develop and execute against an assigned quota and territory plan
- Prospect, forecast, build and maintain a sales pipeline with assigned Sales Development Representatives
- Present to C-level executives in the field and via web demonstrations
- Partner with ISV's and strategic partners to win revenue for Okta
- 5+ years of sales and account management experience in a SaaS/Cloud B2B environment
- A proven track record of success selling in territory to mid-sized and/or enterprise customers
- ISV or Channel experience strongly preferred
- IT/Security sales experience strongly preferred
- Ability to travel 25%
- BS/BA degree required
((Colorado only*) Minimum OTE of $212k/year + equity + benefits *Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.