Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box, we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
In this role, you will:
- Support the development of benefits programs in the various countries in line with the overall benefits strategy
- Play a key role in ensuring the benefit offerings are competitive and work with local regulations and best practices
- Design programs by maintaining market expertise and evaluating trends in benefit elections and migration, market trends, business objectives, and employee feedback to determine potential changes to programs
- Have responsibility of Benefits Operational process and program development in EMEA and APAC, with high level of engagement with the Shared Services Operations team to continue to develop Benefits support and build for scale, effectively address Tier 3 escalations, and communicate issues and trends
- Support in establishing leave of absence policies and processes, escalations, annual leave/paid time off administration, change management, and communication
- Maintain strong collaborative partnerships with key partners across business functions, including Shared Services Operations, Business Technology, Payroll, Finance, Accounting, Legal, and HR Business Partners
- Support annual budgets panning and tracking, quarterly forecasting for the EMEA and APAC locations; monitor expenditure of budgeted funds, as well as create Purchase Orders and approve vendor invoice
- Develop and manage vendor governance program within Benefits, including internal protocols, standards for evaluating contracts and fees, implementing vendors, managing performance (including SLAs and PGs)
- Manage key relationships (i.e. brokers, carriers) to ensure alignment with the strategic roadmap
- Manage current TPAs and outsourcing vendors to ensure work product is in-line with regulatory compliance
- Strong knowledge of the current legal and regulatory and compliance landscape in applicable locations, changes, trends, and other developments affecting healthcare, retirement, and time off benefits
- Within EMEA and APAC, lead new country opening, M&A, and divestitures from the Benefits perspective
- May provide expertise or guidance around the design and execution of global or local programs in regions
- Partner with Global Benefits team on Employee Wellbeing strategy, execution, and communication within regions
- Experience working in similar capacity managing Benefits in EMEA and APAC regions for 5+ years
- Experience with new country launches, entity conversions, M&A, and establishment of new benefit plans
- Experience with employee wellbeing programs
- Experience with Workday, ServiceNow, and Darwin is a plus
- Advanced proficiency in the Microsoft and G-Suite with heavy focus on analytics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to modify delivery for intended audience and based on communication platform or method
- Excellent presentation skills, ability to convey complex concepts into digestible bits
- Demonstrate a strong sense of company and cultural awareness effectively balancing the employee needs and company’s objectives
- Strong influencing and consultative skills
- Experience working in the high-tech industry preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Proven project management skills to move projects forward
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.