The Technology Partnership team, within Corporate Development, is responsible for identifying and delivering differentiated, high-impact technology partnerships that provide leverage for Okta's global sales teams as well as bring exponential benefit to Okta’s #1 priority: our customers.
This role will be supporting the fastest growing part of Okta’s business: Customer Identity. That means tight alignment with both our CIAM product team as well as our Field leadership. We need an expert collaborator that will both identify the partnership motions that align with our business model as well as an executor to deliver results. You will collaborate with Okta’s executive team, sales leadership, product management, marketing and channel teams to ensure our partners bring the highest impact to Okta.
- Work closely with the VP of Technology Partners to build strategic partnership strategies that will drive massive growth for Okta’s CIAM product line. This role will own a specific set of target partner companies.
- Outline product integration opportunities
- Quantify customer benefits
- Build revenue models
- Drive partner GTM strategy alongside Okta’s marketing and enablement teams
- Align with VP’s of Product, Corporate Strategy & Tech Strategy to ensure prioritization of partners aligns to Company vision and 3 year goals. Dive into market research & data that support your strategy and close new Partnerships.
- Identify key decision makers at your target list of partners: build trust across their product and executive teams and leverage strategic selling skills to influence and close unique commercial terms with a mindset of Win-Win-Win (Customer-Partner-Okta).
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders across Okta’s product, engineering, marketing, sales, and communications teams to ensure close alignment on deals prior, during, and after deal launch.
- Drive executive level communication across Okta to update the company on key KPIs and deliverables.
- Work closely with head of Partner Programs to ensure successful onboarding of all new partners:
- Marketing Materials
- GTM Templates and playbooks
- Revenue tracking
- 15+ years experience and 10+ years direct experience with closing technical partnerships that include deep integrations as well as GTM motions.
- We are maniacally focused on our people. This role will manage a small team directly, so 5 years of management and organizational design experience is a must.
- Established contacts and relationships with consumer technology and/or marketing technology companies (ie: Shopify, Adobe, HubSpot, Salesforce).
- Knowledge of the unique role Developers play in eCommerce and digital transformation projects for B2C companies. Ideal candidate has direct experience in building partnerships with developer platforms.
- Proven track record of executing commercial terms as well as documenting and driving clear product integrations; co-marketing programs.
- Experience in building non-standard partnership structures (MOU/LOI); negotiating big and complex contracts terms.
- Deep knowledge of Software and SaaS technology and business models.
- Experience in Identity and/ or Security a plus.
- BA/BS degree required, MBA or Masters degree preferred
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum salary of $222,000/year (variable comp ) + equity + benefits))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physial or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran.We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.
Okta offers everything you need to support your work, your life, and your work-life balance. Click here to learn more: https://rewards.okta.com/us
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.