- Develop framework and administer policies to improve collections and consistently achieve or exceed collections goals
- Oversight and management of day to day operations and global team of billing and collections
- Lead billing team to ensure timely and accurate billing
- Lead initiative to implement usage-based / metered billing and related collections efforts at scale
- Establishment and enforcement of enhanced credit policy that mitigates company risk and exposure
- Ownership of deliverables to internal and external audits that are complete and accurate
- Ownership and presentation of monthly and quarterly accounting close materials (AR reconciliation, AR Aging trends, Allowance for Doubtful Accounts)
- Manage billing and collections escalations from internal and external stakeholders in a timely manner while upholding and maintaining the interests of the company
- Routine engagement with leadership to provide visibility into key metrics and related trends
- Analyze billing and collections data to identify trends and opportunities to inform data-driven decisions and initiatives
- Partner with FP&A to develop accurate collections targets
- Lead initiative to create inventory of current state billing and collections processes
- Develop and implement policies, procedures and strategies to decrease DSO while maintaining a positive customer experience
- Provide thought leadership to drive end to end accounts receivable initiatives and enhancements
- Represent the interests of billing and collections in cross functional projects
- Hire, lead and mentor highly motivated team to cultivate talent, enhance performance, achieve career aspirations and to ensure succession planning in high impact roles
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience in collections and billing in enterprise SaaS
- Knowledge and experience with financial system applications such as Celigo, NetSuite, RevPro, Anaplan, Tableau, Snowflake and/or automation tools such as Robotics Process Automation (RPA) is a plus.
- Experience in high-growth technology (or similar) companies is a plus
- Proven track record of leading successful billing and collections teams
- Strong communication skills are a must – the ability to understand and articulate existing challenges and obtain buy-in from stakeholders to drive towards a solution
- Strong Excel , Google Sheet / Slide, or Powerpoint skills
- Understanding of month end close, GAAP, SOX and audit concepts and requirements required.
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum OTE of $154,000/year + equity + benefits))
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physial or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran.We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.
Okta offers everything you need to support your work, your life, and your work-life balance. Click here to learn more: https://rewards.okta.com/us
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.