Accelerate your career by joining Okta, the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise, as a member of our growing commercial legal team. The Commercial Counsel will play a key role in supporting our Sales, Professional Services, and Partner organizations in structuring and negotiating outbound commercial agreements. This position will be remote based in either CST / EST time zone.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support outbound, commercial transactions in the central and east region and serve as commercial team generalist for other regions and geographies as needed.
- Negotiate and draft master subscription agreements, professional services agreements, nondisclosure agreements, and other types of commercial agreements.
- Provide day-to-day commercial legal support, business focused counseling, and advice to business executives and executive-level personnel.
- Partner with revenue operations, sales operations, deal desk, product teams, and other stakeholder teams to ensure agreements are consistent with internal corporate policies and processes.
- Be a trusted partner to sales and other internal business constituents in supporting our customer base to ensure customer success and satisfaction while serving as a steward of Okta’s interest.
- Handle a variety of ad-hoc projects across the department supporting business, legal, and strategic corporate initiatives.
- Champion Okta’s core values.
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 3+ years of relevant commercial transaction experience (either in-house and/or law firm) reviewing, negotiating and closing outbound, enterprise SaaS subscription agreements, technology licenses, data privacy agreements and professional services agreements including accompanying statements of work
- Excellent communicator, strong negotiator and detail orientated drafting skills
- Highly responsive, accountable, growth mindset and service-oriented attitude
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to maintain strong working relationships with a variety of internal clients and business partners
- Team-oriented with a sense of humor and a passion for closing sales deals
- Strong academic background, J.D. from highly regarded school and local bar admission.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Familiarity with intellectual property law
- Familiarity with revenue recognition issues and working with revenue and sales operations teams
- Familiarity with cloud computing information security issues and data privacy laws including recent developments related to GDPR.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.