Many of the world’s largest digital businesses rely on Okta every day to power customer interactions in a world where every company needs to be a technology company. Whether it is a software vendor building platforms to better solve the problems of today and tomorrow or the digitally native disrupters providing personalised, consumer centric web and mobile outcomes, faster – identity is central to the digital experience. As a key growth driver for our business, we’re building a dedicated team to focus on enabling the most innovative companies in ANZ to accomplish their goals. This is an exciting, first of its kind opportunity at Okta.
Our Digital Native Business (DNB) and Independent Software Vendor (ISV) Account Executives at Okta lead the sales process with our fastest growing customers and prospective customers in DNB and ISV verticals. You will work in an assigned territory of organizations that manage most of their business operations using digital technologies in a high growth, adaptable environment.
This is a senior level, high visibility sales position working with some of our largest spending customers and best fit prospects. We provide our AEs with an environment that enables learning and growth. The work you do will directly impact the experience of our customers.
Skills & experiences that will help in the role:
- Genuine interest in emerging and disruptive technology, start-ups, venture funded and pre-IPO companies
- Ideally, experience partnering with CTOs, CPOs, CDOs, and their extended teams to influence long term platform partnerships. This has resulted in a strong network of product, developer, and digital business leaders
- Ideally sold similar enterprise cloud software or infrastructure management, application development technologies, dev-ops technologies, digital experience platforms, customer data platforms, CMS, mart-tech solution sets, and/or analytics toolings
- Versed in vision creation and evangelization of new technologies in the “market creation” phase of their maturity
- Familiar with product lead growth GtM, understanding of digital and hybrid digital business models
- Calm, low reactor under stress but a responsive and enthusiastic high energy in discovery and pitch scenarios
- Created a strategic account plan to progress an engagement when there was no clear next step
- Track record of aligning strategically across customer stakeholders to build value and grow wallet share in customer account, proven history of successful platform sales
- Experience building advocates in new business accounts and over achieving sales targets
- Experience closing six figure software B2B SaaS deals with prospects and customers in a named territory
- Outstanding communicator, compelling presenter, and excellence listener
- Experience with target account selling, solution selling, and/or consultative sales techniques; knowledge of MEDDICC qualification framework and Challenger methodology is a plus
- Strong grasp on the fundamentals of running a discovery call
- Previous experience utilizing partners, channels, and alliances including hyperscale cloud providers such as AWS to take market share
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Embrace Okta’s #1 core value is to always love our customers.
- Become known as a thought-leader on app development, cyber security and digital growth strategies
- Establish a vision and plan to guide a long-term approach to pipeline generation and opportunity progression across net new and customer accounts that is heuristic, referral based, and data driven
- Consistently deliver ARR revenue targets to support YOY growth – dedication to the number and to deadlines
- Land, adopt, expand, and deepen sales opportunities across a variety of complex use-cases within a multi-product, multi-stakeholder sale
- Holistically embrace, access, and utilise the channel/alliances including SIs, Resellers, and ISV or IaaS partners to identify new opportunities and better execute on your pipeline progression and generation
- Work as a team for the most efficient use and deployment of resources
- Provide timely and insightful input back to other corporate functions.
- Position Okta at both the functional and “business value” level with target stakeholders across engineering, IT, marketing, HR, product, and digital teams
- Champion Okta to prospective clients at sales presentations, site visits and product demonstrations – some travel required
- Build effective working partnerships with your Okta colleagues (channel partners, solutions engineering, business value management, customer first and many more globally) with humility and enthusiasm
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physial or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran.We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.
Okta offers everything you need to support your work, your life, and your work-life balance. Click here to learn more: https://rewards.okta.com/us
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.