We're on a mission to make it possible for every person, team, and company to be able to tailor their software to solve any problem and take on any challenge. Computers may be our most powerful tools, but most of us can't build or modify the software we use on them every day. At Notion, we want to change this with focus, design, and craft.
We've been working on this together since 2016, and have customers like Pixar, Mitsubishi, Figma, Plaid, Match Group, and thousands more on this journey with us. Today, we're growing fast and excited for new teammates to join us who are the best at what they do. We're passionate about building a company as diverse and creative as the millions of people Notion reaches worldwide.
About The Role:
As the first hire of our Technical Accounting team, you will be instrumental in bringing creative solutions and ideas that will help us shape our accounting practices as we continue to build and scale. Reporting to the Head of Accounting, you will build the foundation and be our subject-matter expert on all technical accounting and financial reporting matters.
What You'll Achieve:
- Prepare our Monthly, Quarterly, and Annual GAAP financials to be used for internal and external purposes
- Build our financial reporting processes to ensure our financials are accurate, timely, and in accordance with our reporting requirements
- Manage all technical accounting matters including monitoring new accounting pronouncements, transaction accounting, and any other complex issues
- Support Corporate Accounting to operationalize technical accounting matters
- Manage technical accounting positions and memos, and drive alignment internally and with our external auditors
- Work with external service providers on purchase price allocations, valuations, incremental borrowing rates, and any other needed inputs
- Draft disclosures in the financial statements and footnotes
- Ad hoc cross-functional project management for Technical Accounting implementations e.g. internal use software
Skills You'll Need to Bring:
- Strong technical accounting and financial reporting knowledge, including business combinations, stock-based compensation, revenue, internal use software, and lease accounting
- Knowledge of accounting topics related to SaaS companies and best practices on how to operationalize
- Love for building process and keeping our accounting knowledge organized
- Proven experience with developing scalable, efficient and controlled processes
- Self-starter who can thrive in a fast-paced environment and proactively drive business results
Nice to Haves:
- CPA or equivalent
- Proficient experience in using NetSuite
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Notion.
Notion is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Notion considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Notion is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.