- Full Time
We're on a mission to make it possible for every person, team, and company to be able to tailor their software to solve any problem and take on any challenge. Computers may be our most powerful tools, but most of us can't build or modify the software we use on them every day. At Notion, we want to change this with focus, design, and craft.
We've been working on this together since 2016, and have customers like Pixar, Mitsubishi, Figma, Plaid, Match Group, and thousands more on this journey with us. Today, we're growing fast and excited for new teammates to join us who are the best at what they do. We're passionate about building a company as diverse and creative as the millions of people Notion reaches worldwide.
Notion is an in person company, and currently requires its employees to come to the office for two Anchor Days (Mondays & Thursdays) and requests that employees spend the majority of their week in the office (including a third day).
About The Role:
- Build scaled renewal and customer retention programs to support a large volume of customers
- Responsible for forecasting and delivering revenue targets for all accounts between 100 – 300 employees
- Work cross-functionally and collaboratively with internal teams (sales, customer success, deal-desk, ops, legal) to ensure timely renewals
- Innovate and iterate on the contract renewal process to retain and grow customers while mitigating churn or contraction
- Identify and manage expansion opportunities to ensure Notion adoption within our customer base
- Partner with the Customer Success team to drive scaled outreach programs ensuring a high degree of usage and adoption
What You'll Achieve:
- Founding member of the Scaled Account Management role: As the first dedicated Scaled Account Manager, you will help build the foundation for a future, revenue-focused team
- Advise our fastest growing customers: Be the first line of contact for all our customer's needs and summarize key learnings back to our leadership teams
- Join a fantastic team at a magical time: We've hit profitability and millions of users with a small team, which gives us a huge green field to work with. You'll join at the perfect time to shape how we grow from here.
- Meaningfully shape our future product: As you engage with customers, you'll gain insights to help us serve them better — and work with the product to inform what we do next.
- Elevate your skills as we tackle our most impactful challenges: We've achieved more than teams 10x our size in less time — and there's so much more to do and learn.
Skills You'll Need to Bring:
- 3+ years of experience in account management, preferably in a high-volume environment
- Ability to think systematically and operationally, with a focus on identifying and analyzing processes and workflows, to service a large set of customers
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding renewal targets and revenue objectives
- Strong negotiation, presentation, and closing skills
- Ability to build strong relationships with customers and internal stakeholders
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
Nice to Haves:
- This role requires the ability to communicate trends, risks, and recommendations to leadership and cross-functional teams to adjust operational strategies and lead the direction of the development of new retention initiatives.
We hire talented and passionate people from a variety of backgrounds because we want our global employee base to represent the wide diversity of our customers. If you’re excited about a role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every bullet point listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply. If you’re a builder at heart, share our company values, and enthusiastic about making software toolmaking ubiquitous, we want to hear from you.
Notion is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Notion considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Notion is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.
Notion is committed to providing highly competitive cash compensation, equity, and benefits. The compensation offered for this role will be based on multiple factors such as location, the role’s scope and complexity, and the candidate’s experience and expertise, and may vary from the range provided below. For roles based in San Francisco, the estimated range for total on target earnings (including base salary and on target incentive pay) for this role is $140,000 – $150,000 per year.