We're on a mission to make it possible for every person, team, and company to be able to tailor their software to solve any problem and take on any challenge. Computers may be our most powerful tools, but most of us can't build or modify the software we use on them every day. At Notion, we want to change this with focus, design, and craft.
We've been working on this together since 2016, and have customers like Pixar, Mitsubishi, Figma, Plaid, Match Group, and thousands more on this journey with us. Today, we're growing fast—with more than 20 million users worldwide—and are excited for new teammates to join us who are the best at what they do. We're passionate about building a company as diverse and creative as the millions of people Notion reaches worldwide.
Notion is an in person company, and currently requires its employees to come to the office for two Anchor Days (Mondays & Thursdays) and requests that employees spend the majority of their week in the office (including a third day).
About The Role:
As the Notion Product Communications Lead, you’ll be an integral part of the Communications and Marketing team. You will be the primary point of contact for all product-related communications, and will work closely with Notion’s product development team to ensure messaging is accurate and on-brand. At its core, Notion is a product-led company, so this role has the opportunity to make tremendous impact in how and why we share our story to the world. The role is global in nature, and will partner with teams in EMEA and APAC, setting a narrative that threads across all our regions.
Additionally, You will develop and execute product communication plans that educate and raise awareness for our growing suite of products. Some responsibilities include: fostering meaningful relationships with EPD (Engineering, Product and Design) and Marketing cross functional partners, setting overall strategy, planning, executive preparation and support, speaking engagements, awards, and more.
Lastly, you’ll be a foundational member of the external communications team, this person will be a critical thought partner to the Global Head of Communications and will help to build this function from the ground up.
What You'll Achieve:
- Drive clear narratives about our products, business and vision
- Manage all product-related communications, including communications strategy, product announcements, press releases, company messaging and statements, blog posts, FAQs, and other written collateral
- Work closely with the product development and marketing team to create compelling and on-brand content for product launches, campaigns, and general brand awareness.
- Develop and execute product communication plans that educate and raise awareness for our growing suite of products.
- Foster meaningful relationships with key stakeholders, including the media, industry opinion leaders, and Notion Ambassadors.
- Monitor media and industry trends to help shape product messaging and strategy.
- Identify key opportunities for speaking engagements or awards that will help elevate our products in the public eye.
- Collaborate with regional teams to ensure messaging is consistent across all markets
- Continually assess and revise communication plans based on performance data, industry changes, or internal developments.
Skills You'll Need to Bring:
- 5-7 years of experience in product or consumer communications, with the ability to create compelling narratives around products and service offerings
- Experience working directly with reporters, editors, bloggers, and other thought leaders to generate positive media coverage and meaningful campaign moments for brands
- A knack for translating complex topics into simple, powerful messages that land with the masses
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and strategically when it comes to product communications, with a focus on driving brand awareness
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively with various internal stakeholders, including product development, marketing, and legal teams
Nice to Haves:
- Passionate user of Notion and broader productivity space
- Exudes positive energy and proactivity. You are optimistic about the future and determined to set the strategy to get there
- You’ve spent time both at PR Agency and in-house PR team
- You appreciate direct and open communication. You’re an active communicator and eager listener with a “can do” attitude
- You are comfortable wearing many hats and excited to learn and build
We hire talented and passionate people from a variety of backgrounds because we want our global employee base to represent the wide diversity of our customers. If you’re excited about a role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every bullet point listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply. If you’re a builder at heart, share our company values, and enthusiastic about making software toolmaking ubiquitous, we want to hear from you.
Notion is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Notion considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Notion is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.
Notion is committed to providing highly competitive cash compensation, equity, and benefits. The compensation offered for this role will be based on multiple factors such as location, the role’s scope and complexity, and the candidate’s experience and expertise, and may vary from the range provided below. For roles based in San Francisco, the estimated base salary range for this role is $160,000 – $190,000 per year.