We're on a mission to make it possible for every person, team, and company to be able to tailor their software to solve any problem and take on any challenge. Computers may be our most powerful tools, but most of us can't build or modify the software we use on them every day. At Notion, we want to change this with focus, design, and craft.
We've been working on this together since 2016, and have customers like Pixar, Mitsubishi, Figma, Plaid, Match Group, and thousands more on this journey with us. Today, we're growing fast and excited for new teammates to join us who are the best at what they do. We're passionate about building a company as diverse and creative as the millions of people Notion reaches worldwide.
About The Role:
We're looking for a motivated early career sales professional with an entrepreneurial and building spirit to join our founding AMER Outbound Sales Development team! As an early member of the team, you'll be instrumental in helping define our outbound sales motion, meaningfully shape our future product, and drive business revenue all while having a blast doing it!
What You'll Achieve:
- Sell a product people love that solves real problems: Fortune 500 companies use Notion to run huge teams — but your friends and family can also use it to take notes, display photos, and more. Some non-profits even use it to conserve wildlife!
- Work with our early-stage outbound sales team to experiment with pipeline generation tactics and strategic approaches
- Identify and analyze target prospects based on market, firmographic, and product signals
- Reach out to prospects via email, phone, and LinkedIn to educate them on our products
- Experiment with different audiences, messaging, and channels to generate Enterprise opportunities
- Conduct high level discovery calls with Executives in target and prospect accounts for the AMER (Canada, USA, and Latin America) territory
- Utilize your active listening skills to understand and uncover customer needs and business problems to effectively communicate how Notion can solve them
- Qualify those prospects to determine whether or not they’re a good fit for Notion
- Organize and take thorough notes on prospects in Notion and in Salesforce
- Help build the foundations of outbound sales at Notion: As a founding member of our outbound sales team, you'll be instrumental in helping define our outbound sales motion.
- Meaningfully shape our future product: As you engage with customers, you'll gain insights to help us serve them better — and work with product to inform what we do next.
- Join a fantastic team at a magical time: We've hit profitability and over 20 million users with a small team, which gives us a huge greenfield to work with. You'll join at the perfect time to shape how we grow from here.
- Work with the AMER Sales leadership team to build, analyze, and streamline pipeline generation strategy and tactics for the AMER market
- Work with our Marketing and Product teams to build strong program feedback loops
- Elevate your skills as we tackle our most impactful challenges: We've achieved more than teams 10x our size in less time — and there's so much more to do and learn.
Skills You'll Need to Bring:
- You have > 1 year experience in sales or sales development, preferably in SaaS tech or a high-growth environment
- You are fluent in English with strong verbal and written communication skills
- You are energized to be part of the building phase for the revenue team in a hypergrowth company
- You have a passion for customers and have a natural empathy for their needs
- You have a growth mindset and view challenges as learning opportunities, not failures
- You exhibit creativity and tenacity in how you approach your outbound prospecting (calls, emails, LinkedIn, video, social) efforts
Nice to Haves:
- Fluency in Spanish and/or Portuguese
- Technical understanding of SaaS products and business workflows
- Prior experience with Salesforce, Outreach, and other prospecting tools
We hire talented and passionate people from a variety of backgrounds because we want our global employee base to represent the wide diversity of our customers. If you’re excited about a role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every bullet point listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply. If you’re a builder at heart, share our company values, and enthusiastic about making software toolmaking ubiquitous, we want to hear from you.
Notion is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Notion considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Notion is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.