We're on a mission to make it possible for every person, team, and company to be able to tailor their software to solve any problem and take on any challenge. Computers may be our most powerful tools, but most of us can't build or modify the software we use on them every day. At Notion, we want to change this with focus, design, and craft.
We've been working on this together since 2016, and have customers like Pixar, Mitsubishi, Figma, Plaid, Match Group, and thousands more on this journey with us. Today, we're growing fast and excited for new teammates to join us who are the best at what they do. We're passionate about building a company as diverse and creative as the millions of people Notion reaches worldwide.
About The Role:
As Notion continues to grow we need to build out the legal team to support this growth! As our first Legal Operations Analyst you will build the foundations and processes that will be used by the legal team at Notion to help drive efficiencies in their respective practice areas. In addition you will work on various projects with cross-functional stakeholders and learn how various parts of the business work together at a growing startup.
What You'll Achieve:
- Create processes and templates to organize projects, legal advice and document business processes
- Provide ongoing assistance to various legal functions, including litigation, corporate, employment and intellectual property as the need arises
- Build internal customer and stakeholder relationships and partner with cross-functional teams on special projects
- Build, manage and improve legal-self service Notion pages
- Partner with stakeholders to identify opportunities, assess current, streamline workflows and drive the use of technology and automation
- Build and maintain knowledge of critical legal systems and related workflows
- Assist with identifying scalable legal technology tools and implementing them
Skills You'll Need to Bring:
- At least 2 years working with legal professionals in a capacity as a paralegal or legal operations team member
- At least 2 years of experience working cross-functionally in a strategic and fast-paced environments (e.g. start up, law firm or consulting)
- Experience and a passion for using Notion or a similar tool
- Project management experience
- Experience building strong collaborative relationships with people from a variety of backgrounds and disciplines
- Ability to be highly organized, detail-oriented, and work on multiple projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent team play qualities (no job is too small or too large) and a willingness to take on additional responsibilities
Nice to Haves:
- Law firm experience or experience working with legal teams
- Experience working with a fast growing technology company
- Experience with analyzing data in excel
We hire talented and passionate people from a variety of backgrounds because we want our global employee base to represent the wide diversity of our customers. If you’re excited about a role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every bullet point listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply. If you’re a builder at heart, share our company values, and enthusiastic about making software toolmaking ubiquitous, we want to hear from you.
Notion is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Notion considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Notion is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.