We're on a mission to make it possible for every person, team, and company to be able to tailor their software to solve any problem and take on any challenge. Computers may be our most powerful tools, but most of us can't build or modify the software we use on them every day. At Notion, we want to change this with focus, design, and craft.
We've been working on this together since 2016, and have customers like Pixar, Mitsubishi, Figma, Plaid, Match Group, and thousands more on this journey with us. Today, we're growing fast and excited for new teammates to join us who are the best at what they do. We're passionate about building a company as diverse and creative as the millions of people Notion reaches worldwide.
About The Role:
Notion is looking for a highly-motivated FP&A professional to join our finance team and play a crucial role as we scale our business, pursue operational excellence and build an amazing culture. This is an opportunity to have a significant impact at a fast-growing, high-potential startup with high visibility across the organization.
The GTM FP&A lead will report to the Head of FP&A and will support the extended Go-To-Market Leadership team (including Sales, Marketing, and Customer Success teams) in all FP&A activities such as budgeting, forecasting, expense management, and variance analyses. In addition to being a thought partner to the business, the GTM Lead will be responsible for improving our reporting and forecasting capabilities, offering data-driven insights and recommendations, and ensuring the go-to-market functional expenses are recorded accurately and in a timely manner. This role will focus on revenue forecasting, goal setting, sales productivity, and sales effectiveness as we continue our rapid growth. Come build with us!
What You'll Achieve:
- Be the FP&A lead supporting our Sales, Marketing and Customer Success teams, owning financial planning and reporting, and being the primary finance partner to the CRO
- Be the finance lead for ACV, ARR, and other key top-line metrics planning and forecasting
- Partner and lead discussions with the GTM leadership and provide data-driven insights and financial analysis to maximize the effectiveness of the Sales, Marketing and Customer Success organizations in the near, medium, and long-term
- Manage the monthly, quarterly, and annual FP&A processes, including management reporting, variance analysis, forecasting, and scenario planning
- Define performance metrics to evaluate sales, marketing and customer success ROI helping to inform investment
- Develop unit economics to understand key drivers of the business model
- Be the thought partner to Sales leadership to ensure our commission plan design drives the desired outcomes, and ensure that commissions can be properly forecasted and calculated
- Drive scalable and consistent processes to enable operational excellence in business planning, forecasting, reporting, and deep insights/analysis for GTM
- Build business cases that advise business leaders on the impact of incremental investments into the GTM organization
- Work cross divisionally with finance peers to ensure sales and marketing alignment and share best practices
- Prepare materials for the CFO, CEO and assist in creating board materials. Drive and create KPI-based analyses
- Proactively maintain continuous lines of communication, keeping all leaders in FP&A and CFO informed of all critical issues
Skills You'll Need to Bring:
- 8+ years of sales planning, forecasting, and/or financial analysis
- Experience supporting sales and marketing is a must
- Deep knowledge of SaaS business metrics, including customer acquisition cost, lifetime value, churn, net dollar retention and cohort growth rates
- Understanding of how to forecast and monitor different types of revenue and costs (PLG, Enterprise, HC, Software, etc.)
- Experience in e-commerce/Software/SaaS required, and preferably at a fast-growing technology company
Nice to Haves:
- Strong business and operational orientation, and proven track record of close partnership with the senior leaders
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting, related discipline or equivalent experience, MBA a plus
- Experience with Netsuite a plus
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Notion.
Notion is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Notion considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Notion is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.