We're on a mission to make it possible for every person, team, and company to be able to tailor their software to solve any problem and take on any challenge. Computers may be our most powerful tools, but most of us can't build or modify the software we use on them every day. At Notion, we want to change this with focus, design, and craft.
We've been working on this together since 2016, and have customers like Pixar, Mitsubishi, Figma, Plaid, Match Group, and thousands more on this journey with us. Today, we're growing fast and excited for new teammates to join us who are the best at what they do. We're passionate about building a company as diverse and creative as the millions of people Notion reaches worldwide.
About The Role:
The People Team at Notion exists to help build a generational company that enables people to do their best & most meaningful work. The Benefits Manager will be a key member of our small, but mighty Total Rewards team. They will develop and lead our global benefits programs, which is core to our ability to attract and retain incredible talent. The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable in global benefits, and have a deep understanding of scaling programs and practices. We’re looking for someone who can operate at all altitudes – from thinking strategically one minute, to tactical execution the next.
What You'll Achieve:
- Drive the strategic evolution and execution of our global benefits programs to ensure we’re constantly innovating in the space, and providing benefits that are top of market.
- Design and recommend global benefits programs by assessing Notion’s needs, reviewing competitor and general industry practices, and analyzing cost impact/effectiveness.
- Oversee the creation of policies and procedures to ensure global compliance and the achievement of equitable and competitive benefits. Support benefit rollout as Notion enters into new markets.
- Maintaining Notion’s benefit philosophy of globally consistent, locally relevant, and on the edge of innovation.
- Manage the annual open enrollment process in partnership with Notion’s benefit broker.
- Establish and measure key benefits program metrics, in partnership with our Finance Team.
- Regularly benchmark company programs and monitor external trends in order to proactively adjust company plans and programs to ensure market competitiveness.
- Partner with the HR and other stakeholders to build and communicate benefit programs.
Skills You'll Need to Bring:
- 5+ years of experience in global benefits planning and administration from a high-growth, technology company.
- Experience with effectively scaling a global benefits function to support the company’s business goals and growth, with a strong awareness of best practices.
- Experience administering benefits plans, especially in troubleshooting enrollment data processes and answering advanced employee questions.
- Experience with HRIS and benefit systems.
- Experience owning health & welfare plans benefit programs benefits program strategy, operations, and communications for items such as medical, dental, vision, retirement (401k), wellness, and perks at scale.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to use data to make recommendations and decisions.
- Ability to manage effectively with ambiguity, manage multiple projects through completion on time and on budget and to prioritize in a rapidly changing environment.
- Passion for benefit program development and policy improvements!
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Notion.
Notion is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Notion considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Notion is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.