We're on a mission to make it possible for every person, team, and company to be able to tailor their software to solve any problem and take on any challenge. Computers may be our most powerful tools, but most of us can't build or modify the software we use on them every day. At Notion, we want to change this with focus, design, and craft.
We've been working on this together since 2016, and have customers like Pixar, Mitsubishi, Figma, Plaid, Match Group, and thousands more on this journey with us. Today, we're growing fast and excited for new teammates to join us who are the best at what they do. We're passionate about building a company as diverse and creative as the millions of people Notion reaches worldwide.
About The Role:
At its core, Notion builds software that empowers customers to solve their own problems. We deliver customers, creators, and developers a set of building blocks that enables them to make software to solve their own problems, the way they want. As such, Notion can be used for almost anything: for writing and sharing docs, as a wiki, for managing projects and tasks, and more.
The Business Development team aims to advance our company goals through partnerships by augmenting product experiences and engagement, accelerating user and revenue growth, and driving distribution of our products and services. In this role, you’ll act as the ecosystem arm to our Platform product & engineering team, expanding what the outside world can build on Notion. You’ll be responsible for driving adoption of new building blocks and APIs amongst our creator and developer communities, defining API partner programs, and managing strategic technology partners. We expect that you’ll be able to:
- Hit the ground running: We’ve released our first APIs for general availability and have the beginnings of a developer site and partner community. While our community is active and engaged, we have a lot more to do to support them — and you’ll help by collaborating on product direction and partnerships strategy.
- Build and support an engaged community: Our customers and our developer community are extremely creative and passionate about the product and the opportunity to build with our APIs. You'll have an immediate audience of over 15K+ developers whom we want to inspire to do more with Notion — to do that, you’ll need to help drive a compelling product roadmap, act as a partner advocate, and grow relationships with existing and new partners.
- Work across a multi-disciplinary team environment: You'll work closely with Engineering, Product, Developer Relations, Marketing, Operations, and Legal to help expand our platform, creating great building experiences for partners and, in turn, our customers.
What You'll Achieve:
- Develop and drive our platform & API partner strategy and programs, ensuring Notion's partners align with our product and business goals
- Build the foundations of Notion’s technology partner programs — from developer product development, to partner strategy and recruitment, to scaling operations and driving go-to-market and adoption
- You’ll act as an internal advocate for Notion’s partner and developer communities, ensuring their needs are being prioritized in our everyday work
- Manage our relationships with key partners, identifying new opportunities to enhance our product or grow our business
- You’ll help design the Business Development function at Notion — what it's responsible for, how it interfaces with other teams, and how it'll grow and develop over time
Skills You'll Need to Bring:
- 5+ years in business development or strategic partner management and are able to influence constituencies across a wide variety of functions
- You have strong product instincts and experience collaborating with engineering, product and design teams
- You have experience defining and executing partnership strategies to build additive and innovative product experiences
- You have strong written and verbal communication and negotiation skills — and project manage on a deadline
Nice to Haves:
- You love the Notion product and are excited about the possibilities of the Notion platform
- You've been an early business development hire at a fast-growing start up before
- You’ve worked on a developer platform before
We hire talented and passionate people from a variety of backgrounds because we want our global employee base to represent the wide diversity of our customers. If you’re excited about a role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every bullet point listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply. If you’re a builder at heart, share our company values, and enthusiastic about making software toolmaking ubiquitous, we want to hear from you.
Notion is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Notion considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Notion is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.