Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small businesses. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
As a Senior Product Manager you will own a product portfolio composed of products owned by several Product Managers that tackle a specific customer problem. This is the key role that “connects the dots” across the full customer journey in partnership with Marketing, Research, Design and Engineering and Support.You will provide thought leadership and direction that drives customer experience and brand goals.
What you'll do here:
- You will develop holistic strategy across a portfolio of products that ensures a frictionless customer experience, resulting in a focused product roadmap solving for a key customer problem
- You will evangelize portfolio vision through effective communication approaches and a deep understanding of the customer, based on thorough analysis and research
- You will define key qualitative and quantitative metrics for product portfolio and review with Product Managers
- You will own product portfolio backlog; partner with product managers within the portfolio to regularly groom backlogs
- You will partner with Research to analyze competitive set aligned to portfolio; develop deep knowledge of customer needs along with an understanding of the digital marketing landscape for small businesses
- You will collaborate with Product Marketing and Growth teams to identify audiences and release strategy to drive product adoption
- You will regularly review portfolio roadmap progress with the Senior Leadership Team to build consensus on portfolio priorities
- You will monitor all products post-launch, recommending further optimization or course correction
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You're capable of synthesizing big-picture product strategy that meets customer needs and successfully collaborating across the organization to achieve strategy goals.
- You can manage the needs of multiple segments and develop strategic product plans across or within segments
- You have strong analytical skills with the ability to clearly and accurately communicate data insights
- You have a strong familiarity with web technologies (coding experience not required
- Strong familiarity with software as a service (SaaS) product billing and payments preferred; alternatively, general billing and payments experiences preferred
- You have Bachelor’s Degree or relevant work experience
- You have extensive experience in a product-related function, developing and delivering against a product roadmap
- You have advanced experience delivering consumer based online or software as a service (SaaS) experiences in a SCRUM / Agile environment
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is an all-in-one marketing platform for growing businesses. Mailchimp empowers millions of customers around the world to start and grow their businesses with world-class marketing technology, award-winning customer support, and inspiring content. Millions of businesses and individuals—from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies—trust Mailchimp to help them connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place.
Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, London, and Santa Monica, Mailchimp has 1,200+ employees. Through Intuit, we offer employees competitive compensation, best in class perks and benefits. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed. Find Mailchimp on social.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.