Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
As a Sr. Product Manager you will build systems, products, and tools that power the Mailchimp product portfolio. We will look to you to craft a product strategy and vision that drives customer experience and brand goals, in balance with legal stakeholder and regulatory requirements. This full-time opportunity is based in Atlanta, GA but will consider remote.
What you'll do here:
- You will develop a holistic strategy for a product portfolio that ensures a frictionless customer experience, resulting in a focused product roadmap addressing business needs in balance with customer needs
- You will define key qualitative and quantitative metrics for the Legal Enablement team
- You will own a product backlog; partner with Engineering, Design, and Legal stakeholders to regularly groom backlog
- You will partner with Research to assess competitive landscape aligned to portfolio; develop deep knowledge of customer needs along with an understanding of the digital marketing landscape for small businesses
- You will collaborate with Product Marketing and Growth teams to identify audiences and release strategy to drive product adoption
- You will regularly review portfolio roadmap progress with the Senior Leadership Team to build consensus on portfolio priorities
- You will monitor all products post-launch, recommending further optimization or course correction
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You are capable of synthesizing big-picture product strategy that meets customer needs and successfully collaborating across the organization to achieve strategy goals.
- You have managed the needs of multiple segments and develop strategic product plans across or within segments
- You have proven verbal and written communicating with a wide range of teams and stakeholders, including C-level executives
- You have expert quantitative and qualitative research skills with the ability to clearly and accurately communicate data insights
- You have strong attention to detail including proven ability to manage competing priorities
- You have strong familiarity with web technologies (coding experience not required)
- You have prior experience or familiarity with privacy regulations and/or data infrastructure a plus
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree or relevant work experience
- You have extensive experience in a product-related function, developing and delivering against a product roadmap
- You have advanced experience delivering consumer based online or software as a service (SaaS) experiences in a SCRUM / Agile environment
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.