Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
To accelerate our success, we must build up our SEO strategy to increase awareness and traffic, as well as optimize our core SEO web journeys to better educate prospects on the value of Mailchimp and deliver on our acquisition goals.
The Global SEO manager is responsible for the SEO localization strategy and execution for the key international markets on Mailchimp.com. In this role you will support SEO and the larger web team to optimize SEO performance of our website – improve traffic, increase conversion/revenue in key markets around the world. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to provide SEO guidance and oversight to all localized pages created. Key responsibilities include researching and recommending keywords, and influencing creation of content to generate new and updated pages that are SEO optimized from launch.
In this role you should have experience in international SEO, international search engines, and management of multiple domains. You have strong working knowledge of current and emerging SEO best practices as well as the ability to make and implement recommendations from technical and content audits. You thrive in collaborative cross-functional teams and you have a drive for continuous optimization & improvement.
What you'll do here:
- You will be responsible for international SEO strategies, while partnering with SEO team/leadership to build the holistic plan for all markets
- Work with leadership to build and deliver an SEO roadmap that reinforces our marketing and company goals for the website
- Work with the Analytics team to develop the appropriate measurement and reporting of international organic traffic and sales (conversions) across all Mailchimp properties and page types
- Work with the web team including engineers on technical infrastructure to scale international traffic
- Work with international paid media team to develop holistic traffic and investment strategies
- Ensure a careful balance of on page and off page optimization, including content generation and link building
- Clear understanding of search algorithms for different global search engines and properly leveraging these facets in the SEO strategy
- Provide training to content, product, and development teams on an ongoing basis
- Continually provide feedback and work with the content and product teams to develop content that boosts optimization
- Determine what technologies are required to develop global SEO strategies and goals
- Serve as a liaison with software engineers and developers to create new tools
- Stay up to date with industry trends and inform Mailchimp stakeholders on any required changes
- Consistently provide actionable feedback to the appropriate stakeholders
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have 5+years of SEO experience
- Preference for a combination of experience in B2B (Lead Generation) and B2C (E-commerce) SEO
- Prefer experience in managing multiple websites. International background is a plus.
- Familiarity with website systems, architectures, languages and platforms, including LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP), .NET,ASP, Java, JSP, etc. A background that includes website development is a plus
- Experience with link building and proper usage while representing the Mailchimp brand
- Ability to educate, communicate, and present to team members at various levels within the organization
- Prefer experience in the technology space; SaaS and E-Commerce industries is a plus.
- Proficient in Web Analytics tools such as Google Analytics
- Strong understanding of web development and design as it pertains to search engine algorithms
- Strong prioritization skills
- Excellent project management skills and ability to align efforts across multiple departments
- Very strong organization, problem solving, and interpersonal skills
- Self starter that is comfortable initiating and leading efforts, projects and programs
At Mailchimp, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them, support them, and hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team – so if your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), please consider applying!
Mailchimp is an all-in-one marketing platform for growing businesses. Mailchimp empowers millions of customers around the world to start and grow their businesses with world-class marketing technology, award-winning customer support, and inspiring content. Millions of businesses and individuals—from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies—trust Mailchimp to help them connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place.
Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, London, and Santa Monica, Mailchimp has 1,200+ employees. Through Intuit, we offer employees competitive compensation, best in class perks and benefits. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed. Find Mailchimp on social.
Vaccination Policy: We are requiring that employees who come onsite be vaccinated. Unless prohibited by applicable law, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for any position at Mailchimp/Intuit that necessitates coming onsite and/or in-person business activity. Qualified applicants who wold like to request an accommodation (exception) on the basis of a qualifying medical condition/disability or sincerely-held religious belief should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.