At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying. Want to learn more about life at Klaviyo? Visit careers.klaviyo.com to see how we empower creators to own their own destiny.
The Customer Success Management team is key to driving the success of our customers through accelerating product use and value and by helping them better achieve their business outcomes. The VP Customer Success Management leads both the high touch and At-Scale success organizations and ensures that every customer, regardless of size has the resources and capabilities needed to capture the value of the Klaviyo platform.
The Vice President is responsible for the success management strategy and its execution, as well as key CS metrics and operational goals. This role has direct interaction with senior leadership, including C-suite and other key stakeholders to provide analysis on customer performance, trends and satisfaction with Klaviyo. They own ongoing customer and employee experiences and are responsible for long-term strategic direction of the function and its success. Working closely with the GTM, Product, Marketing and Operations teams, this role acts as the voice of the customer; influencing appropriate product, process and system changes that continuously improve the customer condition. This leader understands the moments that matter in the customer journey and ensures the teams in both high touch and At-Scale are driving the right motions and are leveraging the right activities to create positive business and customer outcomes. The VP ensures that the team's goals, activities and actions are aligned to the key business priorities and objectives and meet the performance targets and goals defined.
The VP provides leadership and development to their leaders and the broader team. They have a people first approach and understand the importance of highly performing teams. They create and nurture a supportive culture. They purposely develop frameworks for individuals and teams to achieve. They support and encourage on-going learning and development and ensure they provide the space and opportunity for growth.
Measures of Success:
Result #1: Meeting key business targets include NRR, NNMRR (churn and expansion)
Result #2: Customer usage and value (KAV)
Result #3: Deliver success programs for both high touch and At-Scale that support key performance metrics
Drive Customer Success Outcomes
- Drive customer outcomes and value across all customer segments from the very small through the Enterprise
- Increase renewal rates and reduce churn
- Drive growth and expansion working closely with the cross-functional teams
- Influence future lifetime value through higher product adoption, customer satisfaction and value (KAV)
- Drive new business growth through greater advocacy and reference-ability
- Develop, offer and manage both high touch and at scale of programs to meet different customer segment needs
- Work cross functionally with GTM, Product and Marketing to achieve impact and results
- Oversee and influence the CX for At-Scale; support At-Scale journey and tech touch motions
- Develop listening points in the journey (e.g., usage, satisfaction, etc.)
- Standardize interventions and playbooks for each point in journey
- Define both the high touch and at scale experiences and operational cadence
- Act as trusted advisor and resource for customers
Measure Effectiveness of Customer Success
- Define and manage operational metrics for team
- Track and report metrics and measures of business performance and customer health; product use, NRR, Churn, Upsell
- Create cadence for review within GTM teams
- Expose subset of metrics to executive team, company and board
- Drive efficiency and effective through technology – CRM and CSM platforms, customer marketing software, reference and advocacy solutions, VOC tools
Lead World-class Customer Success Team
- Recruit experienced leaders for each functional role
- Attract high potential individual contributors into team
- Create rapid onboarding process for new team members
- Encourage continuous learning within team, developing a team of next generation leaders
Inspire Customer Success Across Company
- Influence company-wide culture of Customer Success
- Collaborate with Product around driving product roadmap
- Align with Sales around cross-sell and up-sell and focus on selling with a retention focus
- Align with Finance around measurement and forecasting
- Establish with Executive Team on key value metrics and objectives
- Strong, accurate forecasting skills and capabilities
- 12+ years experience in Customer Success leadership positions within technology or Saas organizations
- 10+ years leading a Customer Success organization that delivers both high touch and “at scale” success motions
- 5-7 years of experience managing managers, directors and senior leaders
- 3-5 years experience development customer experiences (CX) via technology/platforms and programs
- Proven track record working closely with Product teams and in product driving organizations
- Demonstrated success connecting post-sale and sales experiences
- Strong empathy for customers AND passion for revenue and growth
- Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement
- Enthusiastic and creative leader with the ability to inspire others
- Executive level communication and presentation skills; executive presence
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree
Get to Know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
If you are a California, Colorado, Rhode Island, Washington, New York City, or Jersey City resident and this role is a remote role, you can receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. Requests can be submitted here. Additional information regarding benefits can be found at klaviyorewards.com.
Klaviyo is committed to diversity and to a policy of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.