- Full Time
At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying. Want to learn more about life at Klaviyo? Visit careers.klaviyo.com to see how we empower creators to own their own destiny.
We are looking for a talented Sales Manager to join our fast growing Klaviyo Sales organization! In this role as a Sales Manager, you will lead a team of Account Executives selling into our Upper Small Business Segment, and be responsible for increasing our client base through inbound, outbound and partner channels.
In this role, you will recruit, develop and support new and existing Account Executives to ensure that they meet specific new business goals on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis. The role will report into our Director of Sales. This individual needs a proven track record of at least 2 years experience managing individual contributors. In addition experience working more complex accounts (Enterprise accounts a plus), which require building out work back plans, ROI reports, security assessments and legal modifications.
You'll be be responsible for training and developing your direct reports (a team of 8-9), while also being on top of the forecast and important lead indicators of success. This individual should have a proven playbook of how to manage 1:1s, weekly meetings, overall cadence with the team and most importantly a strategy for generating outbound opportunities.
We are looking for a Sales Manager who is passionate about working in a team environment and has the ability to hold their team accountable.
How You Will Make a Difference:
- Hold 1:1s with direct reoprts
- Manage the accuracy of your forecast
- Ongoing mentorship and development of a sales team which includes recruiting, hiring and training
- Drive and motivate the team around key objectives
- Drive outbound efforts in generating and closing new business
- Enforce weekly scorecard reviews to identify gaps in performance and areas for improvement
- Inter-department collaboration across product, marketing, training, support
Who You Are:
- 3+ years of Account Executive experience – experience in high-transaction sales preferred
- Minimum 1 year of team lead and/or management experience required, 3+ years preferred
- Experience either in management or as an individual contributor at working complex accounts that require legal modifications, RFPs, security assessments, creating work back plans
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of individuals who are tenured in their sales experience
- A passion for training and development
- Savvy with data and looking at trend analysis to measure rep performance
- Comfortable with change and a fast paced work environment
- Confident and willing to take part in healthy debates
- Detail oriented, organized and a self-starter
- Strong coaching and leadership skills
- Proven track record in the MarTech space a plus
Get to Know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
If you are a California, Colorado, Rhode Island, Washington, New York City, or Jersey City resident and this role is a remote role, you can receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. Requests can be submitted here. Additional information regarding benefits can be found at klaviyorewards.com.
Klaviyo is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin, color, religion or religious creed, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, veteran or active military status, marital status, criminal record, genetics, retaliation, sexual harassment or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.