At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying. Want to learn more about life at Klaviyo? Visit careers.klaviyo.com to see how we empower creators to own their own destiny.
The Sales Compensation Analyst will play an important role in ensuring the timely and accurate payouts of Klaviyo’s sales reps and partners. The primary function of this role is to independently manage the administration of sales compensation, including calculation of monthly sales commission, correspondence with sales and finance to approve the processing of payment, and enforce governance to the terms & conditions of various plans. The Sales Compensation Analyst is expected to use discretion in all elements of the role, leading all aspects of sales compensation administration, interfacing with employees regularly, all with minimal oversight.
How You'll Make a Difference:
- Lead sales compensation administration inclusive of calculating and submission of monthly/quarterly sales commissions, communication of plan agreements, and own the data integrity of Captivate IQ.
- Use discretion to resolve sales compensation disputes/concerns raised by the field, as the primary first point of contact. Ensure consistent interpretation and governance surroundings plan terms and conditions.
- Evaluate and recommend process refinement for more efficient monthly commission results, and execute on implementing approved recommendations
- Ensure commissions are processed accurately and on-time, with proper approval governance captured for SOX compliance.
- Provide consultation on data consolidation for analysis to the Sales Compensation team.
- Manage Monthly accrual and re-forecasts, in partnership with Finance.
- Develop commission related workflow SOP’s.
- Own maintenance of data in Captivate IQ, with minor troubleshooting and configuration of the platform as necessary. Provide UAT support as necessary.
Who You Are:
- 2+ years of experience in a compensation, analytics, sales operations, or finance function.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- Strong reconciliation experience.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must independently execute duties/responsibilities with minimal direction from Sales Comp leadership.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite or related software.
- Prior experience with sales compensation software is strongly preferred.
- Prior experience with Salesforce is preferred.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent.
Get to Know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
If you are a Colorado or New York City resident and this role is a remote role, you can receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. Requests can be submitted here. Additional information regarding benefits can be found here.
Klaviyo is committed to diversity and to a policy of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.