At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying. Want to learn more about life at Klaviyo? Visit careers.klaviyo.com to see how we empower creators to own their own destiny.
About the team
The Marketing Team is pretty special—a diverse group of empathetic thinkers, passionate doers, creative strategists, and true originals, all working together to solve interesting problems and connect with online brands from around the world. Together, we help businesses of all sizes build deeper customer relationships, acquire bigger audiences, and use data to fuel amazing experiences. This is a hybrid opportunity located in one of our US Hubs – Boston, MA or Denver, CO.
About the role
Klaviyo is committed to the continued growth of our Ecosystem of partners. Supporting this commitment, we are looking to hire the role of Partner Marketing Manager, Agency. Klaviyo Agency partners are a key pillar within the Klaviyo Ecosystem. They increase awareness about our unified customer platform, they refer new customers to Klaviyo, and in many cases, they manage the owned marketing channels (email, SMS, mobile, and web) on behalf of our mutual customers.
At the highest level, you will be responsible for contributing in two key areas. First, representing Agency partners within our internal marketing conversations, from activity planning to revenue reporting, and more. Second, in collaboration with our top Agency partners, you’ll ideate, create and bring to life revenue focused co-marketing campaigns. Additionally, you’ll be responsible for owning and growing key agency partner relationships.
As the Partner Marketing Manager focusing on Agency relationships, you’ll be measured on a number of KPIs with the most important being MRR (monthly recurring revenue) initiated from comarketing campaigns. Based on your 6-8+ years of experience in Partner Marketing, owning a Marketing attributed revenue goal is entirely comfortable to you.
You’ll report directly to the Director of Ecosystem Marketing and work cross-functionally with several domain experts within teams including Marketing (Brand, Content, Product Marketing, Performance Marketing), Partnerships (Business Development), Sales (Inbound and Outbound teams) Customer Success and Product Engineering. This is an Individual Contributor role with the opportunity to manage direct reports as the business unit and its impact grows.
How You'll Make a Difference…
- Be a driving energy towards growth for Klaviyo through co-marketing with our Agency partners
- Create and test for the most impactful co-marketing campaigns; new ideas are expected, but we’re also looking to leverage your prior experience to see immediate traction
- Orchestrate co-marketing initiatives with key Agency partners that increase awareness of Klaviyo, and marketing qualified leads (MQLs) though the most important metric to impact through co-marketing will be monthly recurring revenue (MRR)
- Work cross functionally within the larger Klaviyo organization and marketing team to own successful execution of co-marketing campaigns across various channels—email, social media, paid advertising, webinars, in-person events, and more.
In your first 30 days, you’ll be responsible for:
- Gaining practical use of Klaviyo’s product, teams and tools to operate independently and with customer empathy
- Developing a strong understanding of Klaviyo’s partner ecosystem, including Agency partners, Platform partners and Technology partners
- Begin to take ownership of co-marketing campaigns with our top Agency partners
In your first 60 days, you’ll be responsible for:
- Fully owning co-marketing campaigns with key partners and finding ways to streamline or optimize existing co-marketing processes (making the role your own)
- This includes working closely with our Sales team and Lifecycle team to ensure MQLs are maturing into MRR
- Fostering rapport and clear communication cross-functionally with Marketing, Partnerships, Sales, Customer Success, Product, Finance organizations
In your first 90 days, you’ll be responsible for:
- Reporting to your team lead on KPIs (brand awareness, MQLs, opportunities and MRR attributed to your co-marketing activities)
- This includes building Salesforce reports, analyzing Tableau dashboards, and working with Marketing and Sales Ops when the data you need is not yet captured
- Developing co-marketing initiatives with top Agency partners for the subsequent 90 days
- This includes refining and optimizing co-marketing campaigns based on recent results
In your first year, you’ll be responsible for:
- Meeting an MRR goal attributed to co-marketing with Agency partners
- Building strong rapport with key Agency partners, existing and new
- Building strong rapport and trust with Klaviyo teams (Partnerships, Sales, Customer Success, Marketing, Product, Finance)
Who You Are…
- A self-starter and someone who thrives in fast-paced environments
- A metrics-oriented creative thinker—standard comarketing programs are just that, standard. You’ll support the creation of a marquee Agency co-marketing program that feels less like a sales tactic and more like an invitation to join an amazing community
- A proven Agency Partnership guru—you’ve done this before and are now looking to break the mold in your new role (6-8+ years of experience, largely in Partner Marketing)
- An educator who can communicate on the importance of Agency co-marketing, partnerships and the successes of Klaviyo’s program
- Budget aware; you’re comfortable owning a budget, and operating to the budget. You’re also not scared to ask for more budget when the idea is right
- A strong partner, someone who will work closely with the overall marketing team to scale our efforts.
- A risk taker, while you’re calculated with the risks you take, you also know that building the next great co-marketing program won’t come without risk. To stand out in a crowded market you know we need to support standing up something remarkable.
- Someone who emphatically nodded at all of the above
Get to Know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
If you are a California, Colorado, Rhode Island, Washington, New York City, or Jersey City resident and this role is a remote role, you can receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. Requests can be submitted here. Additional information regarding benefits can be found at klaviyorewards.com.
Klaviyo is committed to diversity and to a policy of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.