At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying. Want to learn more about life at Klaviyo? Visit careers.klaviyo.com to see how we empower creators to own their own destiny.
Why You Should Join the Unified Channels Platform Team
- The Unified Channels Platform (UCP) team is part of Klaviyo’s Channel Infrastructure pillar. Channel Infrastructure builds and runs the systems that structure and send billions of messages on multiple communications channels every day.
- UCP is a small architecture-focused group that partners with all other teams across Channel Infrastructure to drive transformation of our systems into a next-generation platform that will serve Klaviyo’s rapidly growing scale and business needs.
- The opportunity for a Lead Engineer joining this team is to take on tough problems like service boundaries, pluggable systems, complex business requirements, and the detailed needs of different communications channels, while at the same time proposing and leading concrete projects that move us towards our vision.
- You’ll be collaborating across a wide area, working closely with other technical leaders and our Product team.
How You Will Make a Difference
- Learn our existing systems for coordinating marketing activities and sending messages top to bottom. Understand the technical strengths and weaknesses of what we have.
- Use your knowledge of object oriented design and systems best practices, together with your real-world experiences, to propose improvements that advance our platform vision.
- Collaborate with engineers, managers and product to devise projects that drive those improvements.
- Be hands-on as a contributor and technical project leader.
- Aid in the growth of Klaviyo engineering through interviews and recruiting-related initiatives.
- Be a coach and a mentor for engineers across Klaviyo, helping us grow our next technical leaders.
Who You Are
- You’re a software engineer/architect with 8+ years of experience focusing on backend functions and distributed systems.
- Experienced with cloud-based systems development and deployment, AWS preferred; experienced designing and operating systems for very high volume workloads and web-scale data.
- You have been the technical leader on major, business-critical projects involving multiple teams.
- You have expert knowledge of object-oriented design principles and have experience with matching efficient and adaptable designs to complex business requirements and workflows.
- Nice to have: Experience with marketing technology/automation.
- Like working with small, high-performing autonomous agile teams. At Klaviyo, you will have ownership of features, but you'll collaborate with everyone to make sure we produce the right solution.
Technologies we use (not exhaustive):
- Python, Django, React, RabbitMQ, Celery, MySQL, Redis, Memcached.
- Amazon Web Services (EC2, RDS, Aurora, etc.), Terraform, Jenkins
Get to Know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
If you are a California, Colorado, Rhode Island, Washington, New York City, or Jersey City resident and this role is a remote role, you can receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. Requests can be submitted here. Additional information regarding benefits can be found at klaviyorewards.com.
Klaviyo is committed to diversity and to a policy of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.