At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying. Want to learn more about life at Klaviyo? Visit careers.klaviyo.com to see how we empower creators to own their own destiny.
About the team
The Marketing Team is pretty special—a diverse group of empathetic thinkers, passionate doers, creative strategists, and true originals, all working together to solve interesting problems and connect with online brands from around the world. Together, we help businesses of all sizes build deeper customer relationships, acquire bigger audiences, and use data to fuel amazing experiences.
About the role
Do you love pulling insights out of data and dream about ways to visualize it? Do you love building teams and being a part of their success? We are looking for a Head of Marketing Analytics to join Klaviyo’s Marketing team, and lead the analytics function.
As the Head of Marketing Analytics, you will partner with and enable marketing function leads to make better, faster, data-driven decisions–to enable them to achieve business objectives, and deliver growth for the company. You will join other data experts across the company to build and maintain a shared source of truth data foundation to answer strategic, and tactical business questions in an efficient and scalable way.
How You Will Make a Difference
- Architect and own the measurement framework and learning agenda for Marketing including defining key marketing metrics, and supporting experimentation design to ensure that data guides decision-making and prioritization of activities
- Own accurate forecasting models, and consistently report on delivery against targets, including establishing templatized scorecards against the full funnel for an aligned, holistic view on Marketing performance across segments, channels, geographies and products
- Lead a team that is responsible for analyzing data, distilling insights and presenting actionable findings that Marketing function leads can leverage to improve programs
- Spearhead democratization of data access through management of and training on tools such as data dictionary and automated dashboards to empower Marketing to make decisions, take action, and be more self-serve
- Responsible for accurate data collection and infrastructure that ensures connectivity across data sets
- Further Marketing’s understanding of levers that deliver business outcomes through thought leadership, new measurement solutions (MTA) and identification of leading indicators through correlation analysis
- Work cross-functionally with BI, Finance, and Sales to uncover business growth opportunities or funnel challenges, inclusive of identifying key audience segments, underlying trends (e.g. competitive growth, platform adoption, vertical trends), and more
- Set key priorities for the Marketing Analytics team, and mentor and coach analysts to deliver on that vision
Who You Are
- 12+ years of experience in BI/Analytics supporting a Marketing team (must have experience working with digital marketing data: GA/GA4, media, ad servers and more; experience with MTA a plus)
- Demonstrated success driving business strategy by empowering decision makers with data and insights, developing frameworks, and driving learning agendas
- Mastery of SQL and experience working with databases (dimensional and relational), including data ingestion
- Deep knowledge of data visualization best practices, including direct experience with Tableau, Google Data Studio and more
- Able to communicate, influence and reason effectively within a global, matrixed organization
- Excellent organizational, prioritization and collaborative skills with proven experience in end-to-end project ownership across multiple teams
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, agile environment with ability to navigate gray areas by making decisions and developing new processes and workflows
- Effective people-management and career development
- Comfortable with the B2B sales funnel (required)
Nice to Have:
- Thrives working with large volumes of data spanning multiple business lines and ingested into lakes, modeled in warehouses, and presented in business intelligence platforms like Looker.
- Deeply understand the methodologies for experimental precision, but also can defer to practical decision making frameworks for speed.
- Highly skilled in data analysis and visualization. Interested in up-leveling the state of our reporting infrastructure for day to day decision making.
Get to Know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
If you are a Colorado or New York City resident and this role is a remote role, you can receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. Requests can be submitted here. Additional information regarding benefits can be found here.
Klaviyo is committed to diversity and to a policy of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.