At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying. Want to learn more about life at Klaviyo? Visit careers.klaviyo.com to see how we empower creators to own their own destiny.
Events Marketing Manager – APAC
Why You Should Join the International Marketing Team?
The Marketing Team is pretty special—a diverse group of empathetic thinkers, passionate doers, creative strategists, and true originals, all working together to solve interesting problems and connect with online brands from around the world. Together, we help businesses of all sizes build deeper customer relationships, acquire bigger audiences, and use data to fuel amazing experiences.
We're looking for an APAC Events Coordinator to own and execute on event strategy across the region. Your primary responsibility is to design exceptional event experiences that deliver measurable pipeline contribution and contact acquisition. We want our prospects, customers, and partners to get a true Klaviyo experience at each and every event.
We are looking for a hard-working and detail-oriented marketer who loves to work on events and enjoys partnering with different functions across the business. You will need to build strong relationships with partners, vendors, production companies, Klaviyo’s design team and sales team, as well as coordinating speakers with Klaviyo’s customer success managers and other key stakeholders during the event lifecycle.
As a hands-on contributor, you’ll add significant value to the sales funnel and have the opportunity to bring our culture to life through events.
You will be reliable, meticulously organised, detail oriented, and able to work under pressure of multiple events happening at once and within tight deadlines and budgets. You will have strong relationship and project management skills and creative marketing experience. You will be eager and willing to listen, learn, follow, and have a roll-up-your-sleeves collaborative attitude.
The ideal candidate has 3+ years of experience at a software company developing marketing events and collaborating with sales. Prior start-up experience is preferred as this role will be hugely visible and critical to the long-term success in the region.
This position will require significant travel (Australia, New Zealand and Singapore).
How You Will Make a Difference
- Innovation. You will suggest and execute on innovative ideas for engaging our prospects, partners and customers whether it’s an ABM focused cocktail masterclass, or a large scale trade show. You’ll do online and offline research to come up with ideas for fantastic events as well as events we should partner or sponsor. You’ll create comparisons to be presented to the Marketing lead, EMEA & APAC that will help with decision-making and coordinate the contracts and invoices at each stage.
- Coordinating logistics. There are lots of moving parts with each of our events; strong project management skills and organisation is a must. You will help source the required equipment, coordinating on Klaviyo swag or content and any related shipping.
- Spinning several plates at once. You will need to cover a wide range of event types, including (but not limited to) small intimate ABM style events, large industry trade shows such as IRX and Paris Retail week, Klaviyo owned, customer focused events and partner events. Each of these events run frequently throughout each quarter and each will require different levels of planning, skill and time allocated. It is important that you have an interest in working across this plethora of events.
- Planning. You will be cognisant of the event budget during the entire process and reconcile all contracts and invoices in a timely manner. You will work closely with our finance and legal teams to ensure Klaviyo only enters into contracts that are signed off. You will be responsible for helping ensure our events run smoothly and be able to handle situations as they arise professionally and bring them to the attention of the manager or Klaviyo team (when applicable).
- Promotion. Every event needs promotion. You’ll work closely with the Senior Marketing Director, EMEA & APAC, Email Marketing Manager, Web/SEO specialist, and paid media specialist to come up with campaign ideas, promotional plan, schedule, email copy, and design aesthetic. You’ll also get creative and think of fun social media campaigns to promote events, as well as a social plan during the event.
- Reporting and follow up. You’ll provide feedback and results on events as well as set up email nurture campaigns with the Email Marketing Manager and coordinate follow up with the sales teams.
- Managing webinar platforms. We host as well as attend multiple events across different time zones in APAC. You will be responsible for the planning and execution of online events and be proficient in the use of Zoom for webinars both live and pre-recorded.
- You’ll hit your own KPIs and targets. You’ll be target focused and have great experience of measuring event performance—and you’ll use data to help make recommendations about what events we should do in the future.
Who You Are
- Passionate about events
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to multitask are essential in this role
- At least 3 years + experience of working in events
- At least 2 years experience in marketing, communications, or social media
- Experience of coordinating corporate events, such as exhibitions, conferences, summits
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong ability to work as part of a team, demonstrate initiative, and solve problems independently
- Extremely organised and able to project manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Passion for high-quality work and attention to detail
- Ability to travel within Australia and Internationally (must have valid a Passport)
- Eligibility to work in Australia without restrictions
Nice to have
- Experience and comfort working independently as part of a small, distributed team—Klaviyo’s headquarters are in the US, and we’ve just opened our APAC presence in the past 12 months. Our small Sydney team has a start-up feel with the resources of an established company..
- Experience working for an international company and interacting with global customers
Klaviyo’s Commitment to Diversity Equity & Inclusion (DEI): Klaviyo believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.
As part of the Klaviyo team you will be looked after with some great benefits, including private health cover for you and discounted for your household, financial and professional coaching, a generous annual learning allowance ($4.2k AUSD), 22 weeks maternity leave full pay primary caregiver leave (16 week secondary), unlimited holiday and free books (yes, any books!) to name a few.
If that sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you!
Get to Know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
If you are a California, Colorado, Rhode Island, Washington, New York City, or Jersey City resident and this role is a remote role, you can receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. Requests can be submitted here. Additional information regarding benefits can be found at klaviyorewards.com.
Klaviyo is committed to diversity and to a policy of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.