At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying. Want to learn more about life at Klaviyo? Visit careers.klaviyo.com to see how we empower creators to own their own destiny.
Klaviyo is seeking a Legal Counsel to support our rapidly growing business in EMEA. You will work in close collaboration with the EMEA business teams on a range of legal matters in the UK and the EU. Your primary responsibilities will be to provide legal support for commercial contracts in the region as well as providing ad-hoc legal support to the business teams including on data privacy, employment and product.
How You Will Make a Difference
- Structure, review, draft and negotiate a broad range of commercial agreements including master services agreements, data processing agreements, service orders, non-disclosure agreements, and vendor agreements
- Primary point of contact for regional sales teams in support of customer deals and procurement team for regional supplier contracts
- Responsible for building and maintaining legal resources and know-how for field teams
- Ensure agreements are drafted to adequately manage business risk and comply with applicable corporate policies
- Assist in developing, implementing and enhancing corporate and compliance policies and processes to meet requirements of local markets
- Provide ad-hoc legal support to business teams on data protection, product and employment law
Who You Are
- Qualified lawyer with mid-level PQE and in-house experience, preferably in a fast-growing technology company
- Pragmatic and solution-driven creative thinker with sound business judgment; comfortable navigating legal and business risk
- Ability to multi-task and produce quality work product in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to translate and break down technical and legal concepts for non-lawyers
- Warm and personable with excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate well with diverse, cross functional teams
Klaviyo in EMEA;
London was our first non-US location for Klaviyo, opening up in 2019 and growing since then to a large team of people with teams across Sales, Customer Success, Marketing, Services, Partnerships, IT and HR. Collectively in EMEA we are contributing a significant part of Klaviyo’s overall global success, growth to date and opportunity that lies ahead. The good news is that we are still at a stage where everyone coming into the business has the opportunity to make a real tangible impact that you will be able to see and feel.
We are proud of everything we have built here in EMEA, a vibrant diverse team embracing hybrid working in line with the way the world of work has changed. When Klaviyos do travel to the office you’ll be able to use your monthly commuter allowance if you need it. Once here you'll be able to enjoy the comforts of an incredible environment with all the perks we love and you’d expect such as, free snacks / drinks, a peloton studio and a roof terrace overlooking the city to rival anything you’d find in London as well as regular team celebrations and company lunches.
As part of the Klaviyo team you will be looked after with some great benefits locally in EMEA including equity for all, private health cover for you and discounted for your household, financial and professional coaching, a generous annual learning allowance (£2.5k), 22 weeks full pay primary care giver leave (16 week secondary) and free books (yes, any books!) to name a few.
Get to Know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
If you are a Colorado or New York City resident and this role is a remote role, you can receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. Requests can be submitted here. Additional information regarding benefits can be found here.
Klaviyo is committed to diversity and to a policy of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.