- Full Time
At HubSpot, we aim to help millions of companies grow better by becoming the #1 CRM platform for scaling companies. We’re looking for a leader for our Global Social Media team who can help us achieve this vision.
HubSpot is looking for a Director, Head of Global Social Media, who will oversee a team responsible for HubSpot’s brand building activities in key social platforms including TikTok, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. You will be a people leader on the team, envisioning and producing breakthrough, thumb-stopping strategies, content, and editorial plans, while collaborating with our internal teams as well as outside vendors and agencies. This is a unique opportunity to build the next beloved technology brand at scale.
You will report to the Head of Global Brand Marketing. The right leader for the role will be a seasoned social media executive with a track record of inspiring teams, pushing original ideas and angles, growing audience and affinity, and bringing to life iconic social campaigns.
In this role you’ll get to:
- Build and execute on the social media strategy, as well as channel-specific visual look and feel, and voice and tone globally across organic, paid, and creator
- Develop an editorial strategy that aligns with our team’s audiences and brand goals across social platforms and brands including HubSpot, The Hustle, and HubSpot Academy – optimizing for cultural relevance while balancing support of business and product initiatives
- Create and manage an editorial calendar and work with our internal teams to generate partnership and collaborative content opportunities
- Collaborate with internal and external agency partners, creatives, stakeholders to create best in brand content for channel within budget
- Push team to experiment with new content formats while hitting measurement goals
- Take a global mindset in our planning, content development, and enablement
- Manage a team of creators and strategists
- Manage day-to-day operations, goal setting, career development, performance management, and growth of team members — all while consistently evaluating new ways to increase efficiency and growth
We are looking for people who have:
- 10+ years of experience in branding and marketing
- A mix of in-house and agency side experience
- A passion for understanding how social media works, what content goes viral, and who is doing it incredibly well (and a unique ability to learn from others’ tactics/mistakes, and incorporate learnings into our own strategy)
- Ability to connect the dots between consumer storytelling techniques and engaging business audiences — and understand business decision makers as consumers
- Strong experience with cross-collaboration and influence across Brand, Media, Content, Production, Product, and International within large marketing orgs
- A proven track record of creating breakthrough strategies and content for brands in social that attracts fans and followers to our channels
- Experience leading teams of copywriters and content creators, content strategy, and giving copy, design, and production guidance
- Proven analytical skills and experience leveraging data and metrics for storytelling that goes beyond the dashboards
- Ability to lead relationships with agencies and/or in-house production teams, from brief writing and planning, to budget realities and timelines, to holding standards on compelling and quality work
- A hunger for culture, and is ahead of the curve on social media trends and conversations
- Awareness of global trends and cultural differences in social media communications
- Knowledgeable and experienced in the methods and platforms for creating compelling content, especially short form video, for social media including but not limited to Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, TikTok
- Knowledgeable on the interplay between organic and paid social efforts, with a strategic mind for how they can work better together
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Asana
- Experience with the Google Work suit
Cash compensation range: 180000-270000 USD Annually
This resource will help guide how we recommend thinking about the range you see. Learn more about HubSpot’s compensation philosophy from Katie Burke, HubSpot’s Chief People Officer.
The cash compensation above includes base salary, on-target commission for employees in eligible roles, and annual bonus targets under HubSpot’s bonus plan for eligible roles. In addition to cash compensation, all HubSpotters are eligible to participate in HubSpot’s equity plan to receive restricted stock units (RSUs). Some roles may also be eligible for overtime pay. Individual compensation packages are based on a few different factors unique to each candidate, including their skills, experience, qualifications and other job-related reasons.
We know that benefits are also an important piece of your total compensation package. To learn more about what’s included in total compensation, check out some of the benefits and perks HubSpot offers to help employees grow better.
At HubSpot, fair compensation practices isn’t just about checking off the box for legal compliance. It’s about living out our value of transparency with our employees, candidates, and community.
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply — we’d love to hear from you.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This information will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of determining an appropriate accommodation for the interview process.
Important COVID-19 Guidance (For candidates applying to roles in the United States):
Per HubSpot’s policy all employees who wish to work @office or @flex or to visit an office in-person must be fully-vaccinated. At this time, @remote employees are not required to be vaccinated.
Germany Applicants: (m/f/d) – link to HubSpot's Career Diversity page here.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #2 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2022, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot's Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.