At Hopin, we’re reimagining events. Our mission is simple: we exist to make the world feel closer.
Founded in 2019, Hopin brings brands and communities together around highly interactive and engaging experiences. We believe that people should have access to the conversations, moments and ideas they care most about, no matter where they are. Through our highly scalable platform, participants are able to learn, engage, and connect from anywhere in the world.
Hopin started as a virtual events solution but we have since meaningfully expanded our offering from virtual events to hybrid and in-person events, as well as video and workplace collaboration products. This growth has been fueled by a series of strategic acquisitions, including: Boomset – an all-in-one event management platform; Attendify – advancing Event Marketing products; StreamYard – unveiling a video production Studio; video hosting service Streamable and video technology company Jamm.
Listed as one of the 2021 Fast Company Best Workplaces for Innovators, Hopin has scaled to 800+ employees working remotely across 47 countries. Valued at $7.75B, Hopin raised a $450M Series D round of financing and is backed by top tier investors, including Arena Holdings, Altimeter Capital, Adam Street Partners, Untitled Investments, XN Capital, Andreessen Horowitz, DFJ Growth, General Catalyst, GIC, IVP, Northzone, Salesforce Ventures, Slack, Temasek and Tiger Global.
Hopin is seeking a Staff Product Manager to join our Product team. This role will lead the roadmap to build and improve our native Mobile apps for attendees, working closely with our in house engineering team. This is a vital role that will suit an experienced Product Manager 7+ years product experience in either SaaS or B2C, preferably with mobile app experience.
You will drive the product vision, roadmap, definition of success and delivery of a range of features across our native mobile apps for attendees (iOS and Android). These apps are a vital part of our growth in both the virtual and the onsite events markets, crafting market leading experiences for attendees. This role requires close partnership with senior team members across engineering, user research, product marketing, sales, customer success, and partner product teams to ensure we are building successful and impactful products.
The successful candidate will have strong experience and background in dealing with sophisticated product collaboration and delivery that involve prioritising among contending projects, industry competition and customer understanding, navigating ambiguity, and validating hypotheses.
This is a fast-paced, intellectually exciting position, and we're excited to be working with someone who is highly motivated, comfortable in a fast-paced start-up and rapidly growing environment, and is happy to work with a remote globally distributed team.
- Develop product vision, roadmap and delivery of features for Hopin mobile apps for attendees (iOS and Android)
- You are able to drive multiple projects in a highly cross-functional environment, engaging partners at all levels including chief officers
- Participate in managing and developing our multiproduct strategy, working to bring Hopin’s suite of products closer together
- Partner with product teams across a number of platforms to translate business requirements into technical language for development
- Actively collect and analyse competitive intelligence, marketing research, and market trends to build competitive and sound plans
- Connect with internal partners to ensure understanding of offerings in areas of engineering, sales, marketing, analytics, and product delivery
- Extended experience in product management and proven track record in ideation through release of multiple successful products
- Experience developing products for native mobile apps for iOS and Android
- Experience working with customers, with ability to deeply understand customer needs and competitive landscape, to achieve the best outcomes for the customer
- Comfortable with engaging and influencing stakeholders at multiple levels across the business, presenting to C-level
- Outstanding communication skills, comfortable with presenting sophisticated ideas over video
- Strategic problem solver that continually works to improve user experience
- Comfortable contributing to engineering decisions around technology design and strategy related to a product
- Ability to deliver projects and initiatives against a set of key metrics and goals
- Demonstrates tenacity, dedication to deliver, and accountability for results
- Ability to lead and influence across different organisations and align diverse teams to a common goal
What We’re Looking For
- 7+ years of product management experience
- Experience being responsible for roadmap strategy and definition
- Experience with end to end product delivery
- Experience working closely with software engineering teams
- Analytical and able to create sound business arguments backed up by data
- Strong verbal and written communication abilities: must effectively communicate with technical and non-technical people
- A university degree or significant experience in a technical field
- British, European or East Coast US time zone
- Fluent in English (written and verbal)
- Experience managing other product managers (not essential)
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote, global team
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or Dell (Windows)
- Health Insurance Support
- Parental Leave
- Monthly Wi-Fi stipend
- $800 USD for Home-Office set up
- $1500 USD for Learning & Development
At Hopin, we're committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It's essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn't just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.