At HashiCorp, we’re building a generation-defining infrastructure software company, powered by our core principles and a growing team of talented, committed professionals working together to help organizations seamlessly transition to and operate in the cloud. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in San Francisco, 85 percent of our employees work remotely, strategically distributed around the globe. From our inception we built the company with a remote-first approach because we believe talent has no boundaries.
About the Role
Vault is HashiCorp’s multi-cloud security platform. Its open source community has tens of thousands of active, engaged users. Its enterprise users are some of the largest finance, healthcare, and technology companies in the world. Vault’s core use cases are Secrets Management, Encryption and Access/Identity Management.
In this role, you will lead product management for Vault’s Developer Experience team. You will be responsible for strategy for the end-to-end Vault developer experience – including onboarding, documentation, developer tool integrations, monitoring and debugging. You will help set the vision, conduct user research, define requirements, and coordinate execution across multiple collaborator teams. You will work closely with the Vault engineering and design teams to conceptualize and implement your curated vision. You will collaborate with education and developer advocacy to elevate documentation and outreach for Vault developers. You will partner with marketing on go-to-market enablement.
- Create and execute the strategy for developer tools including SDKs, Sandbox, dashboard and technical documentation.
- Write detailed strategy documents to set the context for the product roadmap
- Prioritize the product roadmap by taking feedback from Vault practitioners, partners, engineering, marketing, developer advocacy, education and the HashiCorp vision.
- Conduct user research and write Product Requirement Documents (PRDs) to distill the research into requirements for engineering to deliver.
- Inspire your peers to build a partnership in delivering excellent products and services along with engineering, product, design and marketing teams.
- Actively participate in and be a thought leader in the open-source community and well versed in industry best practices, patterns and tools.
Skills and Experience:
- 7+ years of product management experience with developer focused products or 7+ years of experience as a developer looking to transition to product management.
- Strong technical acumen, with an understanding of infrastructure, open-source software.
- Deep empathy for developers and the challenges they encounter as well as an understanding of best practices to help current and new workflows integrate easily with Vault.
- Strong user and market research skills
- Ability to organize multiple stakeholders towards a common goal
- Analytical with the ability to prioritize and make tradeoffs
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.