At HashiCorp, we’re building a generation-defining infrastructure software company, powered by our core principles and a growing team of talented, committed professionals working together to help organizations seamlessly transition to and operate in the cloud. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in San Francisco, 85 percent of our employees work remotely, strategically distributed around the globe. From our inception we built the company with a remote-first approach because we believe talent has no boundaries.
As a part of the Technical Program Management team at HashiCorp, you will help drive and implement the security roadmap, support the governance, risk and compliance (GRC), product and cloud security teams, their projects and initiatives and report on key metrics. You will collaborate, improve cohesion and establish great ways to work with teams across the company to understand and meet security requirements. Through your work program managing, defining workflows and processes, you'll enable scalability and greater efficiency, as well as overall security team health.
In this role, you will be leading GRC and product security compliance, audits and external assessments related initiatives. You will also be spearheading the business impact analysis and business continuity plan activities such scheduling table top exercises, funneling the findings from the lessons learned into strategic cross functional initiatives with engineering, R&D, support, legal and security teams.
Our engineering and product teams, as well as the other cross-functional teams you'll work with, are largely remote. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Lead coordination and planning for security programs and activities to ensure that the organization processes and projects run smoothly
- Manage the interaction between the security teams, engineering, product and other functions by identifying priorities and drive planning, roadmaps and execution
- Responsible for project documentation, status tracking, and communication between project stakeholders to ensure delivery and overall program health
- Establish, drive and continuously improve standards for processes that promote a high standard for product delivery and efficiency of teams
- Contribute to an environment that's conducive to great execution culture and removes obstacles to projects completion
- Work closely with engineering and product leadership teams on priority and productivity improvements
You may be a good fit for the team if you have:
- 3+ years of experience as a project or program manager with experience establishing programs, prior experience managing IT or software projects through full lifecycles
- Previous experience working with an Information Security team, governance, risk, and compliance and/or product and platform security teams
- Familiar with HashiCorp products
- Strong familiarity with Agile execution and analytical and process improvement skills
- Proven ability to solve routine and complicated problems creatively and effectively, build relationships, collaborate and influence
- Excellent presentation, facilitation, and communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences, ability to express empathy for the needs of all stakeholders, and a track record of delivering projects
- Experience in a rapid growth organization, working cross-functionally with teams delivering enterprise software
- Strong bias for action and an intrinsic ability to deal with ambiguity
- Knowledge of, or experience working with, Cloud technologies/environments is a plus
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.