At HashiCorp, we build the infrastructure that enables innovation. Our suite of multi-cloud infrastructure automation products are the underpinnings of the largest enterprises in the world, who rely on our solutions to provision, secure, connect, and run their critical applications to deliver crucial services, communications tools, and entertainment platforms to the world. We’re building a once-in-a-generation infrastructure company with a unique approach: rather than focusing on specific technologies, we build products and solutions that support real-world workflows spanning the multiple cloud environments that nearly every organization worldwide is using today.
About the Role
The R&D Technical Program Management team enables delivery of world class products, bringing operational excellence while driving cross-company alignment for product success and strategic initiatives.
As part of the Technical Program Management team, you'll improve and execute on the strategy and operations for the Platform focusing on the Hashicorp Cloud Platform (HCP). You will drive complex programs and initiatives requiring cross functional collaboration across multiple disciplines.
You will be responsible for bringing consistency and collaboration across Platform engineering, product, design and other cross-functional partners for delivery and launch. The ideal candidate will have a strong appreciation for scaling processes while remaining lean and efficient, thrive in a dynamic environment, bring strong written and verbal communication skills, and have excellent interpersonal skills to foster a team mentality and strong relationships.
This is an opportunity to work with the Platform product line (HCP), where you will help drive execution, identify dependencies, uncover opportunities, change management, and have a hand in operations.
Our engineering and product teams, as well as the other cross-functional teams you'll work with, are almost entirely remote. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who have a track record of performing well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
Expectations of this role:
- Manage the interaction between engineering, product, design, and other functions to deliver program outcomes
- Contribute to an environment that's conducive to great execution culture
- Lead coordination for cross-product programs and activities to ensure that the processes run smoothly for Platform (HCP) and its programs
- Work closely with the Platform leadership team to drive strategic initiatives & forums
- Work with Platform product and engineering teams and drive planning, roadmaps, and execution
- Work with HCP teams to identify and track product dependencies
- Create Plan of Record (program plan) including scope, dependencies, and risks
- Own systems for project documentation, status tracking, portfolios, dashboards and communication between project stakeholders to ensure delivery, and overall program health
- Establish, drive, and continuously improve standards for processes that promote a high standard for product delivery and efficiency of teams
- Work closely with engineering and product leadership teams on priority and productivity improvements
You may be a good fit for the team if you have:
- 5+ years of experience in an R&D program management role driving cloud projects through the full software development life cycle
- Experience in a rapidly growing organization, working cross-functionally with teams delivering enterprise software
- Strong bias for action and an intrinsic ability to deal with ambiguity
- Familiarity with HashiCorp products, knowledge of HCP is a plus
- Knowledge in cloud technologies, infrastructure, or platform teams
- Strong foundation of agile execution
- Proven ability to solve routine and complicated problems creatively
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills, empathy for the needs of all stakeholders, and a track record of delivering projects
About the Application Process
Please note, as communication is a critical aspect of how we work, a cover letter is a great way to provide a sample of how you communicate. In your cover letter, describe why you're interested in working at HashiCorp, and what draws you to this role in particular.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
Colorado, California, Washington and New York City Applicants: To view base salary ranges for this role in your location and to learn more about which roles are eligible for bonus pay or commissions, please visit our Pay Transparency Calculator below. Individual pay within the range will be determined based on job related-factors such as skills, experience, and education or training. Information on our benefits can be found via the link below. Intern ranges can be found below.