At HashiCorp, we build the infrastructure that enables innovation. Our suite of multi-cloud infrastructure automation products are the underpinnings of the largest enterprises in the world, who rely on our solutions to provision, secure, connect, and run their critical applications to deliver crucial services, communications tools, and entertainment platforms to the world. We’re building a once-in-a-generation infrastructure company with a unique approach: rather than focusing on specific technologies, we build products and solutions that support real-world workflows spanning the multiple cloud environments that nearly every organization worldwide is using today.
About the role
The R&D Technical program management team enables teams to deliver world class products bringing operational excellence while driving cross-company alignment for product success and strategic initiatives.
As part of the Technical Program Management team, you'll improve and execute on the strategy and operations for the Networking product line. You will drive complex programs and initiatives requiring cross functional collaboration across multiple disciplines.
You will be responsible for bringing cohesion and collaboration across the Engineering, product, design and other cross-functional partners for product delivery and launch. You should have a strong appreciation for the scaling process while remaining lean and efficient, thrive in a dynamic environment, and have excellent interpersonal skills.
This is an opportunity to work with the Networking product group, you will help drive the cloud programs , drive planning, execution, identify gaps, implement new processes and change management.
Our engineering and product team, as well as the other cross-functional teams you'll work with, are largely remote. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
Expectations of this role :
- Lead coordination and planning for cross products programs and activities to ensure that the processes run smoothly for Networking product and cloud programs
- Work closely with Network leadership team and drive strategic initiatives and forums
- Manage the interaction between engineering, product and other functions by identifying priorities, defining cross-functional milestones, and coordinating schedules.
- Work with Networking Product and Engineering teams and drive planning, roadmaps and execution
- Work with Cloud platform teams to identify and track product dependency
- Create Plan of Record [POR] / program plan including scope, dependency, risks
- Own systems for project documentation, status tracking, portfolios, dashboards and communication between project stakeholders to ensure delivery and overall program health
- Establish, drive and continuously improve standards for processes that promote a high standard for product delivery and efficiency of teams
- Contribute to an environment that's conducive to great execution culture and removes obstacles to projects completion
- Work closely with engineering and product leadership teams on priority and productivity improvements
You may be a good fit for the team if you have:
- 5+ years of experience in Technical Program Management role driving cloud projects through full software development life cycle
- Experience driving Cloud networking programs and cloud orchestration technologies including Kubernetes
- Knowledge of distributed software architecture and networking
- Exposure to Agile execution and Scrum
- Familiar with HashiCorp products, knowledge of Consul is plus
- Proven ability to solve routine and complicated problems creatively
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills, empathy for the needs of all stakeholders, and a track record of delivering projects
- Experience in a rapid growth of the organization, working cross-functionally with teams delivering enterprise software
- Strong bias for action and an intrinsic ability to deal with ambiguity
About the Application Process
Please note, as communication is a critical aspect of how we work, a cover letter is a great way to provide a sample of how you communicate. In your cover letter, describe why you're interested in working at HashiCorp, and what draws you to this role in particular.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
Colorado, California, Washington and New York City Applicants: To view base salary ranges for this role in your location and to learn more about which roles are eligible for bonus pay or commissions, please visit our Pay Transparency Calculator below. Individual pay within the range will be determined based on job related-factors such as skills, experience, and education or training. Information on our benefits can be found via the link below. Intern ranges can be found below.