At HashiCorp, we’re building a generation-defining infrastructure software company, powered by our core principles and a growing team of talented, committed professionals working together to help organizations seamlessly transition to and operate in the cloud. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in San Francisco, 85 percent of our employees work remotely, strategically distributed around the globe. From our inception we built the company with a remote-first approach because we believe talent has no boundaries.
About the role
This role is a senior individual contributor role on the Talent Development team. The Sr. Talent Development Manager will be focused on designing and delivering career development programming, at scale, for all our employees. Specifically, this role will be working with other senior People team leaders to identify and build out meaningful career pathways at HashiCorp, with the goal to retain our key talent in a competitive market. This work will likely evolve over time into a more formalized internal mobility program, partnering with recruiting and HR operations teams.
In this role you can expect to…
- Create a compelling narrative around career development at HashiCorp
- Implement practices and programs to support both tenured employees who want career progression today, and our newer employees who will be seeking opportunities down the road
- Design and implement a more well-rounded career development framework, that includes infrastructure and activation activities
- Map career development activities to the different career paths
- Build a plan for, and execute on change management activities to drive and acquire consensus from senior leaders across the business to move to a talent sharing culture
- Standardize career matrices templates and introduce a competency/skill library
- Partner with recruitment to support evolution of internal mobility
- Support the evolution of people practices (ie internal movement guidelines, compensation, and leveling approach for internal moves) to ensure all the inputs to career experience work cohesively
You may be a good fit for our team if you have…
- Background in human resources and understanding of the other HR functions outside of talent development, to enable collaboration and cohesive frameworks that work across COEs
- Consulting experience, and experience with talent management practices such as leveling, internal mobility, talent planning and performance management
- Outstanding program management skills, including experience with large scale change management
- A creative and open-minded approach to development that must include both online and asynchronous methods, delivered in a fully virtual environment
- An understanding of adult learning theory, instructional design methodology, and learning assessment strategies
- Creative and effective design of presentations and other communications assets, to influence partners from executive audiences through to individual contributors
- Excellent partnering, advising, and collaboration skills
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.