At HashiCorp, we’re building a generation-defining infrastructure software company, powered by our core principles and a growing team of talented, committed professionals working together to help organizations seamlessly transition to and operate in the cloud. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in San Francisco, 85 percent of our employees work remotely, strategically distributed around the globe. From our inception we built the company with a remote-first approach because we believe talent has no boundaries.
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
About the role…
Our team is focused on moving all of HashiCorp’s commercial products to the cloud by creating and delivering them as a Software as a Service (SaaS) offering. As a Senior Product Manager for Platform User Experience, you will be responsible for User experiences (UX) for Cloud Platform as well as shared design across all cloud services. This is a unique opportunity to join a fast growing PM team focused on solving the tough problems in delivering services on top of the major public cloud platforms.
In this role you can expect to…
- Own strategy, vision, and roadmap for Cloud Platform user experience
- Drive strong decision making via quantitative results, AB testing and qualitative testing & customer insights
- Engage deeply with the HashiCorp customer base and open source community
- Be a customer champion and create results that benefit our customers particularly in their self-serve journey towards cloud products activation
- Participate in detailed planning and prioritization exercises jointly with engineering
- Drive a global UX standardization roadmap across all HashiCorp web sites and online properties
You may be a good fit for our team if you have…
- Deep knowledge of User experiences on SaaS infrastructure products and cloud platforms
- Experience leading Product led growth initiatives
- Experience in a PM role with a B2B SaaS product
- Background in Public Cloud or DevOps related products
- Experience driving User experience needs cross functionally across multiple product lines
- Strong communication skills with an emphasis on written communications
- High levels of customer empathy and a passion for using numbers to understand how customers adopt and use products
Attributes we look for in successful product managers:
- Listening to understand
- Explain complex ideas simply
- Written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Responsible and takes ownership over work
Skills you will practice as a product manager at HashiCorp:
- Defining the product roadmap and strategy
- Writing product requirements documents (PRDs)
- Leading sales engineer and support education sessions
- Enabling the go-to-market teams (sales, support, SEs, marketing)
- Conduct customer interviews
- Perform market research
- Backlog management
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.